Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+372 Students
- A+248 Students
- A-165 Students
- A+144 Students
- A131 Students
- A-100 Students
- A-94 Students
- A+71 Students
- B+65 Students
- A+63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Memorial High School Reviews
Review Memorial High School
The academics here are very difficult especially in the AP courses. For the most part, teachers are approachable and willing to help, but a student must directly approach them for help. There are no elective courses offered related to international affairs, nor is there any offered at the Guthrie Center. The school provides electives for STEM and business only. The administration is awful about telling students and parents key details for college applications. There are plenty of clubs, but due to the fact that it's mostly student-led, it can be disorganized. The culture of the rich white kids is monotonous and aggravating. The students, while laid-back, tend to be exclusive and stay within their cliches. The school is extremely conservative, and while it does tolerate differing political opinion, it does not encourage it. This school is one of the best public schools in the area, but if I were to go through high school again, I would not go here.
Overall great school filled with primarily upper middle class white kids. Can be hard to fit in so pick a sport, theater, band, orchestra, dance or one of the many clubs & get involved. You'll find your niche!
Academically and socially, Memorial High School prepares you for life. With rigorous course work and a diverse pool of peers, it teaches you to work hard and how to get along with everyone. You encounter many different types of people here, rich and poor and although the school gets a bad reputation for being filled with rich white kids, it also has its' share of low-income minority students too. The teachers here really care about how you're doing and are willing to help if you stuggle.