Memorial High School is a top rated, public school located in Houston, TX. It has 2,638 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+605 Students
- A+444 Students
- A-295 Students
- A+247 Students
- A228 Students
- A-152 Students
- A140 Students
- B+121 Students
- A+112 Students
- A+108 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 61 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like Memorial High School
- AStratford High School
- Spring Branch Independent School District, TX
- 399 reviews
- A+Cinco Ranch High School
- Katy Independent School District, TX
- 590 reviews
- A+Clements High School
- Fort Bend Independent School District, TX
- 704 reviews
- A+Cypress Ranch High School
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District, TX
- 633 reviews
Memorial High School Reviews
Personally I believe that Memorial does a fantastic job preparing student for life out side of high school. Teachers often take time out of their day to make sure you fully understand the materiel. They really want you to succeed and show general concern if you get a bad grade. The social aspect of the school is admirable the diversity at first glance seem lacking but there is a concerable hispanic and asian population. Yes, it is a little click-y and their are a few pretentious students but besides that the student body is enthusiastic and high-spirited and practically everyone is willing to help!
Throughout my recent years at Memorial HS, I was shaped into the person I am today. This is one of the few schools in Texas that prepares you for a university education. Memorial is a vibrant school full of opportunities where you will be taught by the best educators and meet people of different backgrounds! We take pride in who we are during school hours and also, beyond graduation. Here I was taught to type an essay efficiently like if it was a simple walk in the park. I learned integrity and honesty that I carry with me everywhere I go. Memorial is highly talked about because of its generations of students within families that roam the halls. Academically challenging at times but definitely worth it because now as a college student I do not struggle as much as others due to the education I endured. I recommend Memorial HS to all people who qualify because the reward for yourself and your future is there.
Memorial has amazing staff, teachers & students. The teachers strive to help you by being there before and after school everyday and even communicate with you on weekends for anything you need for your assignments. I really appreciate this as a student. I went to a different school and district my freshman year and my teachers were not as helpful and on top of things as my teachers in the spring branch school district. What a difference they have made. The district also is sooooo involved with their student and parents. My mom gets emails almost everyday from my school about updates on programs & the school. Spring branch truly focuses on their students 110%. The district and my school are always having meetings about college prepareness, anti bullying, anti drugs ect. I’m so appreciative of my school and all it does for us students. Thanks MHS