Memorial High School is an elite, public school located in Houston, TX. It has 2,600 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+437 Students
- A+313 Students
- A-211 Students
- A+171 Students
- A159 Students
- A-118 Students
- A-105 Students
- B+85 Students
- A+82 Students
- A+76 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Memorial High School
- AStratford High School
- Spring Branch Independent School District, TX
- 351 reviews
- A+Cinco Ranch High School
- Katy Independent School District, TX
- 527 reviews
- A+Clements High School
- Fort Bend Independent School District, TX
- 622 reviews
- A+Cypress Ranch High School
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District, TX
- 545 reviews
Memorial High School Reviews
Throughout my recent years at Memorial HS, I was shaped into the person I am today. This is one of the few schools in Texas that prepares you for a university education. Memorial is a vibrant school full of opportunities where you will be taught by the best educators and meet people of different backgrounds! We take pride in who we are during school hours and also, beyond graduation. Here I was taught to type an essay efficiently like if it was a simple walk in the park. I learned integrity and honesty that I carry with me everywhere I go. Memorial is highly talked about because of its generations of students within families that roam the halls. Academically challenging at times but definitely worth it because now as a college student I do not struggle as much as others due to the education I endured. I recommend Memorial HS to all people who qualify because the reward for yourself and your future is there.
Many of the teachers are good but there are a few who are very difficult and confusing. Overall some of the bathrooms are a little gross and some do not have working locks. Sometimes, the students are treated like little kids by the principals and there is a semi-unfair dress code. Students are not allowed to wear running short or athletic skirts because some of them are considered short. Girls have to wear leggings or jeans or jean shorts which sometimes seem too fancy for school simply because they are not allowed to wear athletic shorts and skirts. It can be really hot in some of the classrooms and outdoors during the summer/early fall months of school and many girls wear leggings or jeans to school. However, despite these, the school offers up a challenging curriculum that forces students to live up to their full potentials.
Excellent academics, very prestigious neighborhood. One negative thing is that since most everyone is well-off, it is a VERY bubbled environment. Kids drive mercedes', BMW's, Audi's, etc. Education was great, sports like tennis and golf are state-qualifying. Kids from this school tend to join Greek-life in college, etc. Only asians and whites, little diversity. Definitely prepares you for college academically