Memorial High School is a top rated, public school located in Edmond, OK. It has 2,155 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A451 Students
- B368 Students
- A363 Students
- B105 Students
- C+93 Students
- B87 Students
- A74 Students
- A71 Students
- A69 Students
- A+68 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 157 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Schools like Memorial High School
- A+Santa Fe High School
- Edmond Public Schools, OK
- 344 reviews
- ANorth High School
- Edmond Public Schools, OK
- 393 reviews
- A-Bethany High School
- Bethany Public Schools, OK
- 146 reviews
- A+Classen School of Advanced Studies
- Oklahoma City Public Schools, OK
- 152 reviews
Memorial High School Reviews
Edmond Memorial is a good opportunity for students everywhere and a new way to have a great four years in high school. There are many new people to meet every day to get to know. Everyone is a friend which makes our high school a family. Also, the teachers are friendly, but they need to work on how some of their teachers teach students. Most students are not easily taught. I believe making school more entertaining will help students to want to learn and to want to become more educated. Keeping students wanting to learn would change more of the learning atmosphere and make them want to go to school. Overall, Memorial Highschool is a great school, but there are certain learning aspects that could be improved.
I love the family atmosphere at Edmond Memorial. Every event feels like a family event. Every activity is well attended by the student body and parents alike. The arts are very well supported. The teachers are incredible, and genuinely care about their students education. So many teachers pour in so many extra hours for their students, and they don't get anything for it. They just do it because they love what they do and they care. The student body annually raises hundreds of thousands of dollars for a charity that the student council has very carefully selected. Tons of alumni come back every year for the final assembly where we reveal the amount of money raised, and it is so fun to see how many people still love EMHS, even so many years later. There are even many teachers who are EMHS alumni! I love Memorial, and I am so incredibly thankful to go to the school that I do.
It feels like every year half of the graduating class from Memorial comes out with a sense of pride and the other half comes out with shame and regret of not taking online classes. I was part of the half that walked out of those halls with shame. During my years at Edmond Memorial, I was consistently bullied, I did not learn much, and I came out feeling worse than when I went in as a naive 8th grader. If I learned anything from my four years at Memorial, it was tolerance. I learned to just tolerate when a teacher is not teaching you and to teach yourself. I learned to just tolerate the people who are physically bullying you because administration did not want to intervene. I learned to tolerate and that is about it.