Memorial High School is a highly rated, public school located in Eau Claire, WI. It has 1,725 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+178 Students
- B+165 Students
- A+135 Students
- A-52 Students
- B45 Students
- B+44 Students
- B+37 Students
- A35 Students
- B+34 Students
- B+31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 52 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Memorial High School
- A-North High School
- Eau Claire Area School District, WI
- 109 reviews
- A-Altoona High School
- Altoona School District, WI
- 44 reviews
- A-Elk Mound High School
- Elk Mound Area School District, WI
- 68 reviews
- BChippewa Falls High School
- Chippewa Falls Area Unified School District, WI
- 138 reviews
Memorial High School Reviews
Since the start of the high school, I have heard negative things being said about the students, the education, and the teachers, which amazes me. Memorial is not a bad school district, it is a small one. Now that being said, you are going to experience the problems of a small school district. From my observation and experience, Memorial has been great overall. Memorial is a school, and like any school, or any other experience in life, you only get as much out of it as you put in. Yes there are going to be some bad experiences, but that is the high school experience. Nobody has a perfect time in high school, and yeah, if you only focus on the bad then the experience as a whole is going to seem bad. If you put in work and try to have a good time, then Meorial will be a great school.
Overall, I’ve had a relatively pleasant experience at Memorial. Most of the teachers are dedicated and friendly, and the environment for the most part feels supportive and safe. However, there seems to be an emphasis on sports with regards to administration and funding, whereas the arts get sometimes overlooked.
The diversity overall at memorial high school is fairly okay except that there isn't much other ethnicities that attend the school, in other words it's mostly majority that attend memorial and participate in sports. The school is also somewhat accepting for an example they accept sexual orientation but the school has rather a difficulty in accepting minorities that had not grown up with them since childhood or have been adopted or have one majority parent. The school does overall focus too much money which reflects on how the kids accept each other into their group of friends.