Melvin J. Berman Hebrew Academy Reviews

Good school, old building but they have fixed it up a lot. A lot of the administration has left from when I was there, so there will be different faces and leaders.
A warm wonderful school dedicated to academic excellence and an inspirational Jewish experience. My kids are thriving in this environment both as students and young Modern Orthodox Jews.
No bullying. Everyone knows each other. Nurse is good, not always in her office but nice. Security is pretty good
Start Your Review of Melvin J. Berman Hebrew Academy
Some sports receive more attention than others and more practice time
Good community. Every one knows each other and the staff is nice
Some teachers can be very friendly but some have a bad day and are somewhat angry during class
I believe the teachers are very caring about the students.
I believe the school is fairly safe, but worry if there was a gun attack, if there was someone in the school that could handle that before police arrive.
For the amount of students in the school, there are a wide variety of after school activities that gives the students a lot of choices.
I love the friends my children make at this school, but the administration can be cold and unfriendly at times. I do believe the teachers care very much about the students.
Mixed bunch. Some very good some crappy
Very good

Security staff

Cameras

Nurse

Fire drills

Lockdown drills

Locking doors
Good in general, but i wish they would find ways to engage and motivate students more
safety at the school was never an issue for me. I always felt safe. There has not been any signifiant bullying that I know of. There is a security guard at the front of the school and the door is locked unless he buzzes you in. There is a school nurse, however she's not so helpful. The school has good health programs, but could be improved.
There could be more effort put into extracurriculars. I don't think enough kids are involved in after school activities.
I enjoyed my sports team in the school, and the friends that I made. What made the school unique is that everyone is Jewish. I would choose this school again because I received a quality Jewish education which is important to me.
The teachers are friendly, but some struggle with controlling the classroom settings. Some teachers definitely do not know how to engage the students and they just lecture the whole time. Most teachers are knowledgable but I have definitely had teachers who do not seem confident in what they are teaching.