Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Melrose Secondary School is an above average, public school located in Melrose, MN. It has 509 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Melrose Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+24 Students
- C+23 Students
- A23 Students
- B20 Students
- B18 Students
- B-14 Students
- B11 Students
- B+11 Students
- B-11 Students
- A11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Melrose Secondary School
- BSauk Centre Secondary School
- Sauk Centre Public School District, MN
- 26 reviews
- B+Albany Senior High School
- Albany Public School District, MN
- 41 reviews
- BHoldingford High School
- Holdingford Public School District, MN
- 34 reviews
- B-Upsala Secondary School
- Upsala Public School District, MN
- 29 reviews
Melrose Secondary School Reviews
The school was very welcoming when I moved here and very helpful. Administration checked in regularly to see if I needed assistance. The academic courses offered here are phenomenal, and most importantly, school lunch is GOOD!
Melrose high school is a very welcoming and diverse institution of learning. My overall experience with the school was not as great as it could have been and if I had the option to go to a different school I would. I enjoyed most of my teachers but not always their teaching styles. There were no activities that were all taken seriously enough nor was I interested in so I ventured out to a dance studio and a half away.
Almost all of the teachers are great at their jobs. There are always a few that are bad but that is like every place. The high school level is when I noticed how much they do help and how they have great degrees that help us learn the college level classes which prepare us for college. Also I got done with a few of my general education classes as well. Melrose is a good school and I would not have changed anything about myself going there.