Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Melissa High School is a highly rated, public school located in Melissa, TX. It has 920 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Melissa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+104 Students
- A+103 Students
- A+101 Students
- B-97 Students
- A73 Students
- B+69 Students
- A-65 Students
- A+49 Students
- A47 Students
- A43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responses
- Friday Night Football Games33%
- Band Competitions19%
- Black Light Pep Rally19%
- Pep rallies10%
- Spirit Week10%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Melissa High School
- A-Celina High School
- Celina Independent School District, TX
- 113 reviews
- BHowe High School
- Howe Independent School District, TX
- 37 reviews
- A-Van Alstyne High School
- Van Alstyne Independent School District, TX
- 104 reviews
- B+Gunter High School
- Gunter Independent School District, TX
- 91 reviews
Melissa High School Reviews
My experience has been amazing attending Melissa High School in Melissa, TX. To all new freshmen don't be scared. Join a sport; it's fun. Homework is to be expected. Most of all the classes are structured and test well. Our teachers show great leadership and always willing to help. I’ve always felt safe and comfortable at school. Our community supports all sports and youth organizations. Our Principals and administrators are well trained and resolve any and all matters professionally. My overall experience with Melissa High School was great and I made lots of memories. I highly recommend any families looking to move, to visit our school and community.
At Melissa High School, the staff, students, and overall community is welcoming with open arms. From the new school building to mega lunch, this school is the place to be! Many clubs and organiziations make the school diverse and the sports and extra-curriculars are as competetive as they could be. The teachers and administration at Melissa are defininetly setting the students up for success in college!
Teachers and counselors are committed to the academic success of students, both during and after high school. Coaches are not only concerned about winning, but the character development of each athlete. The curriculum is challenging and is a good preparation for college, especially with the option to take dual credit classes. This school is special place that is committed to being the best in every way for all students.