Melissa High School is a highly rated, public school located in Melissa, TX. It has 659 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Melissa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+74 Students
- A+67 Students
- B-63 Students
- A+53 Students
- A45 Students
- B+41 Students
- A-40 Students
- A30 Students
- A-30 Students
- A+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Melissa High School
- A-Celina High School
- Celina Independent School District, TX
- 91 reviews
- BHowe High School
- Howe Independent School District, TX
- 32 reviews
- B+Van Alstyne High School
- Van Alstyne Independent School District, TX
- 88 reviews
- B+Gunter High School
- Gunter Independent School District, TX
- 77 reviews
Melissa High School Reviews
At Melissa High School, the staff, students, and overall community is welcoming with open arms. From the new school building to mega lunch, this school is the place to be! Many clubs and organiziations make the school diverse and the sports and extra-curriculars are as competetive as they could be. The teachers and administration at Melissa are defininetly setting the students up for success in college!
Melissa is a very educational and extra circular based school district. The community is wonderful when it comes to supporting our sports teams, theater groups, UIL groups, band, and even clubs. The teachers are kind, extremely good at teaching, and want to be involved in the student's education. The counselors at Melissa are some of the most under appreciated workers at Melissa. They are never too busy to sit down with students about anything; college, homework, family troubles, or even just students who just want to talk. And lastly, the most important people at the school, the students . The students at Melissa High School are known to be extremely respectful, loyal, and open to new friendships. Unlike other schools, Melissa's students make it their number one priority to interact and make new residents and students feel welcome.
Melissa High School has a great community vibe and strong sense of school pride! It is so encouraging to see students of all different walks of life supporting each other and pushing each other to do their best, and I get to see it every day. All the teachers are brilliant and really care about their students. Because of the small size, I have had the same English teacher for the past 3 years and she has been such an inspiration to me. I have lived in Melissa my entire life and have always attended Melissa schools and I have been so blessed by all of my teachers, principles, and classmates. Any student or faculty member would consider themselves blessed to be a part of the Melissa Independent School District