Meigs County High School is an above average, public school located in Decatur, TN. It has 557 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Meigs County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-49 Students
- C+25 Students
- B-25 Students
- B25 Students
- B22 Students
- B22 Students
- B-21 Students
- B21 Students
- B20 Students
- C+12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Meigs County High School
Meigs County High School Reviews
Meigs County High School is a typical small town school. This means the teachers are very involved with the students, people who have specific last names are treated significantly better than other students, student drama is everywhere, everyone knows everyone else, and the students grew up together. Aside from that, the Acedemics are exceptional. The English department is through the roof. All of the English teachers are extraordinary and care deeply about their students. The math department is not so good. The range of classes available are improving, and the sports teams are surprisingly very successful. The choir and handbells are incredible and Host two concerts per year thanks to an incredible instructor. The band has room to improve. There are a wide range of teachers on the good to bad scale but this is unavoidable. Meigs High does everything it can to get the students ready for college. It is all-around a pretty good school.
There is no need for school dress code, which consists of khaki pants and collared shirt. We live in a rural, farming community and not all students can afford to buy additional clothing for school. Most farmers wear jeans, therefore the scho district should change the dress code, especially for those needy students.
It is a small school, which means everyone knows everyone. It's very close-knit. Sports are a very big thing here. Teachers, parents, students, the whole community are very much into high school sports.