Mehlville High School is a highly rated, public school located in St Louis, MO. It has 1,730 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Mehlville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A206 Students
- A-171 Students
- B138 Students
- B137 Students
- B-127 Students
- B119 Students
- B+91 Students
- A+88 Students
- NG87 Students
- B+64 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 117 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Mehlville High School
- AOakville Senior High School
- Mehlville R-IX School District, MO
- 264 reviews
- A-Affton High School
- Affton School District, MO
- 70 reviews
- ABrentwood High School
- Brentwood School District, MO
- 44 reviews
- AMaplewood-Richmond Heights High School
- Maplewood-Richmond Heights School District, MO
- 33 reviews
Mehlville High School Reviews
At Mehlville, the teachers are amazing! Many seem to really care about what is going on in the students' lives, and relationships are quickly built. They make graduating hard, as in you don't want to leave them. Academics is high quality, though the athletics are what our pride runs deep in. We have had multiple teams go very far, though our fine arts programs are also very, very high quality. I highly recommend trying the Mehlville School District, as many of the schools are top-notch.
I'm very appreciative that I attended Mehlville high school, as I enjoyed my experience all 4 years. I made many friends while I went to Mehlville, and even though I've graduated, I'm still seeing them almost every single day. There are plenty of other amazing students who you will meet and become very close friends with. I will miss my teachers the most! Mehlville has so many spectacular teachers who really care about the well-being of their students. My only complaint, however, is the lack of emphasis on academic performance. Everybody cares about football, and the football team is really bad. I agree, going to the Friday night games is an experience unlike any other, but the school prioritizes the sometimes mediocre athletic achievements over the academic performance of the school. Overall, a great school now that Prop R was passed and the budget has increased!
I loved my time at Mehlville High School. I learned incredible amounts studiously, as well as, about myself. The bonds I formed with teachers has to have been the most important part of my time at Mehlville. The teachers truly cared about the student and were willing to go above and beyond to help them succeed, whether it be buying food for students that couldn't afford it or staying after hours helping struggling students study. My appreciation for the teachers at Mehlville cannot be expressed in words; I can only try by saying that they are the reason Mehlville High School is a national school of character. They taught and continue to teach us how important it is to stay humble, kind, and compassionate. The only thing I'd like to see change is the gratitude the students are giving back to the teachers; the student body should be more grateful for all the hard work our teachers do for us.