Meeker High School is an above average, public school located in Meeker, CO. It has 191 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-23 Students
- A-14 Students
- A12 Students
- A11 Students
- A-10 Students
- C7 Students
- B-7 Students
- A+6 Students
- B+6 Students
- B+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Meeker High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Meeker High School Reviews
Meeker High School is located in a small town in Colorado. It provides students with many opportunities to travel and experience new things. The sports program is great we have very athletic students and always seem to be somewhere towards the top of our leagues. However, Meeker is all about names so if you don't have the right last name you will be discriminated against. An example of this is the kids with the right name are more likely to be given more opportunities in class to succeed and they are going to get priority in varsity sports against other students. Meeker is also all about sports so if you are a student interested in the performing arts and other programs, there is not very much interest or funding for those areas. Except FFA because agriculture is a huge part of our small town. The social scene is good with students being overall very welcoming to new students.
It's good, but due to the typical small town atmosphere, people already have preconceived notions of who you are. Also there is much more involvement with athletics versus other extracurriculars.
The teachers do a great job of helping out students and keeping them on track with the course work. Students and teachers can communicate in and out of classrooms for a broader learning experience. Often times the teachers involve themselves in other activities with the school and/or town and get busy- yet they still find time for their students.