Medway High School is a highly rated, public school located in Medway, MA. It has 778 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Medway High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A98 Students
- A+72 Students
- A+45 Students
- A-45 Students
- A+42 Students
- A40 Students
- B38 Students
- B+34 Students
- B-26 Students
- B-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 68 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Medway High School
- AFranklin High School
- Franklin Public Schools, MA
- 306 reviews
- ANipmuc Regional High School
- Mendon-Upton Regional School District, MA
- 71 reviews
- A-Holliston High School
- Holliston Public Schools, MA
- 136 reviews
- AFoxborough High School
- Foxborough Public Schools, MA
- 89 reviews
Medway High School Reviews
I love Medway high school because everyone treats you like family and the teachers support you and helps you to become a better learner. Teachers at Medway High school definitely helps us, student, if we are really dedicated to learning. My favorite subject in high school is History. One of my favorite history teachers really taught me how to re-read every information from a text to answer complex questions. The six flags trip was really fun, I got to bond with my friends. Right now, I'm a Freshman becoming a sophomore, I plan to support my clubs each year until I graduate. I'm in Women in Stem, girls who code, and 40% club of happiness and joy. Medway High school is all about working hard, building trust with other classmate, and having fun while living life
One of my favorite parts of Medway is the Winter Musical. This is one of the biggest events of the school year, with two thirds of the student body auditioning. Last year, for example, auditions lasted five hours! Musical is so fun, because you are part of a big family. It doesnt matter whether you are behind the scenes or center stage, Medway makes you feel special. Every year, there are always two or three sold out shows. This school is special because we are a family. It's very sad, but we have a lot of deaths. Last year, one of the most popular girls tragically died in a car crash. We were all upset, as the happiness was at that moment gone. We ended up all going to a candlelight vigil, wake and funeral. The school was supportive, and held counseling for us for almost a month after. We were allowed to cry. We were allowed to laugh. We were able to have a safe place to go to during this tragedy. I would go back to Medway because they have become my family. I love them and they make me feel safe.
During my time at Medway High, I have faced challenges, including overcoming a hard class. When I entered high school last year I had no idea what to expect. I took two honors classes, History and English, and liked my teachers very much. However, certain aspects of their classes were different than what I had previously experienced. For the first test that I took, I did not study the textbook like my teacher had advised, expecting to pass the test. When I received my grade, I recieved a fifty-seven. I knew that I must work harder if I wanted a good grade. I made sure that I completely understood the material before taking a test. By the end of the year I earned a ninety-eight on a test. Hard work does pay off. Struggling can be beneficial in teaching you how good achieving a goal can feel. Medway High has much to offer, and many new learning opportunities to experience for all its students, whether it’s learning what struggling feels like or conquering stage fright.