Medomak Valley High School is a public school located in Waldoboro, ME. It has 558 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Medomak Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B50 Students
- C+26 Students
- C+25 Students
- B23 Students
- B-23 Students
- C18 Students
- C14 Students
- C+11 Students
- A+9 Students
- B-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Medomak Valley High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Medomak Valley High School Reviews
I absolutely love this school, the people are mostly kind, the academics are amazing, and the athletics program is incredible. I moved here my junior year but I wish I came my freshman year! The whole school is amazing, but it could use some renovations.
What I liked about my high school was that much of the faculty encourage students to work hard and continue on with their education, whether it be through hanging up college posters on the walls or having meetings for the students who will be first generation college students. The teachers really push students to learn and they give students their insight and suggestions on applying to colleges, getting accepted and deferred by colleges, as well as everyday life in college. It's an overall really encouraging environment and the faculty there do everything they can to prepare their students for their future. I think that the school could improve by adding a few more sports like lacrosse or field hockey and maybe expanding on the languages taught in the school. But overall, Medomak is a great school. Students and faculty alike reach out to help the community around them and they have a good time doing it.
The school building is a little worn down and needs some adjustments in some areas, but I had an overall great experience here during my four high school years; Medomak Valley offers many programs from the arts, to academics, to sports. The teachers sit down and help students when they are struggling and they really care about their futures. I created great friendships with my teachers and even greater connections through the programs that Medomak offered to me. Great school spirit and a great community; I definitely recommend to any student considering this school.