Medina High School is an above average, public school located in Medina, NY. It has 630 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Medina High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-31 Students
- A-31 Students
- B-27 Students
- A-18 Students
- B13 Students
- B-11 Students
- A+11 Students
- A-10 Students
- A+10 Students
- B10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Medina High School
- B+Lockport High School
- Lockport City School District, NY
- 150 reviews
- BCharles D'Amico High School
- Albion Central School District, NY
- 35 reviews
- B-Barker Junior/Senior High School
- Barker Central School District, NY
- 33 reviews
- B-Royalton-Hartland High School
- Royalton-Hartland Central School District, NY
- 60 reviews
Medina High School Reviews
The teachers are all fantastic and the curriculum is well designed, but a real problem is the areas that are pushed. Due to the area the school is placed there is a heavy push from the school to go into agriculture and very little into STEM fields. The school also has a heavy push to go to a SUNY school for everyone regardless of circumstances when in cases like my own it would be much more beneficial to attend a private college.
Medina High School is pretty good for a small town public school. The teachers, for the most part, try their best to accommodate for every student's needs. As someone who has a lot of medical issues, that leads me to miss school, the school tries their best to adjust to individual's needs and circumstances. There are quite a few AP courses offered here and even a college readiness program-AVID. There's quite a few opportunities in regards to after school activities and athletics. Nearly every year, at least one sport ends up winning League.
Medina is a great school with lots of options for advance classes and college credit options. We have many sports, clubs and organization.