Medical Lake High School is an above average, public school located in Medical Lake, WA. It has 553 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Medical Lake High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-111 Students
- A91 Students
- A+52 Students
- C-47 Students
- A-46 Students
- A-36 Students
- B+34 Students
- B28 Students
- A-23 Students
- C23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Medical Lake High School Reviews
My experience at Medical Lake High School was a pretty average experience because I feel that there were a lot of things needing to be worked on. The staff varied when it came to professionalism, effective teaching and respect to the students. Some were very kind and did their job effectively, but others were rude and unprofessional. Plus, most of the school was unprepared for many different events and situations. Though, I will say the school provided a lot of opportunities and did a lot for its community.
AP courses and teachers are fantastic. School is focused more on getting kids into the workforce, military, technical school, or 2 year college rather than 4 year colleges which can make the college application process more difficult.
I loved that medical lake was a small school and the teachers cared! I was a student there my junior and senior year and I absolutely loved it. I was in track and the coaches were amazing. They were dedicated to the kids and they loved what they did. I wanted to go into automotive and they helped me get into Skill Center and provided transportation.