Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Medical Lake High School is an above average, public school located in Medical Lake, WA. It has 517 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Medical Lake High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-150 Students
- A115 Students
- C-62 Students
- A+62 Students
- A-50 Students
- A-38 Students
- B+37 Students
- B-34 Students
- C34 Students
- A-29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Medical Lake High School Reviews
It is an excellent school! Nice staff, student, and people. People always cares about staff, students, and people. This school is very peaceful and feel very safe. Bad crime is rare in this school based on my thoughts. The staff promised to makes students to success in their life if students are hard-working and being positive. Mean teachers are actually good teachers, because they are really push students harder to give them a chance to be successful. There are many sports you can play in Medical Lake High School. Bad thing about this school is too much homework like everyone said.
Overall, I believe that Medical Lake is very tight-knit community and there is always someone there to help you when you are in a tough situation. My experience might be different than someone new to the city, but I have grown up here and made the closest friends I ever will. All the sports programs and music programs are very supported by the district and are a lot of fun. If I had to change something, I would change some of the staff. There are a few staff members that handle situations in a bad way and give off a certain attitude towards some students that might make some uncomfortable or upset. Other than that, I am happy to be a student at Medical Lake High School.
Most of the staff at this school is amazing! The community is a wonderful one to be a part of, but the students at this school often lack motivation.