Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Medford High School is an above average, public school located in Medford, WI. It has 643 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Medford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+41 Students
- B33 Students
- A-31 Students
- B29 Students
- B24 Students
- B23 Students
- B15 Students
- B15 Students
- B-14 Students
- A13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responses
- Winter carnival18%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Medford High School Reviews
I really enjoy the Medford High School! I feel that I learned so much here, and the teachers are super kind! A newer building with updated facilities would be great, but I love attending school at Medford High!
Many of the school staff are very accepting of students' identities and different beliefs. However, students can only be called a nickname if their parents consent to that which has put lots of students in danger. Many staff members are very caring towards the students and genuinely want whats best for the kids.
It's one of the best schools in the area considering it's in a fairly rural part of the state. It's part of a very close knit community which transfers to the school and makes it a very friendly enviornment. The special ed program is the best in the area and has helped many families get their children a good education regardless of education. Although there isn't much physical diversity in terms of race, there is much mental diversity in view points which breeds healthy dialogues between people of opposing views.