Medford High School is an above average, public school located in Medford, WI. It has 676 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Medford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+28 Students
- B+27 Students
- B23 Students
- A-16 Students
- B+16 Students
- B14 Students
- B12 Students
- B12 Students
- A-10 Students
- A+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Medford High School Reviews
Medford High School is filled with caring teachers who want you to succeed. Not only will the teachers do just about anything to help you understand material, but the school monitors the progress of everyone and steps in to help if its needed. Also, the music program here is incredible! The music program is filled with extremely talented individuals that work hard to become the best they can be.
I enjoyed all four years at my high school. I participated in 2 sports all four years, gymnastics and volleyball, both we great experiences. Although I have loved my school experience there are a few things I would like to see differently. At lunch I would love to see a few more healthy options, we use to have a salad bar a few times a week and I wish we still had that. Also, I would like to see my school's gymnastics team be able to have a building at the school to practice and compete where we would not have to move equipment or travel a few miles to practice. Also, the option to graduate early would be a good choice for my school to consider and I think a lot of students would benefit from the choice. Beside these few things my school has been amazing.
I had a wonderful experience at Medford High. I like that it is a smaller school, yet there are many great opportunities offered to students such as AP classes, trips through clubs, and a mentorship program with area businesses. The staff is extremely kind and incredibly helpful.