Medford High School is an above average, public school located in Medford, MA. It has 1,190 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 84% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Medford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A145 Students
- B+106 Students
- B+99 Students
- A+92 Students
- C+85 Students
- A+85 Students
- A+74 Students
- A+62 Students
- C+50 Students
- B-50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 101 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Medford High School
- C+Medford Vocational Technical High School
- Medford Public Schools, MA
- 23 reviews
- ANorth Quincy High School
- Quincy Public Schools, MA
- 145 reviews
- AFramingham High School
- Framingham Public Schools, MA
- 240 reviews
- B+Somerville High School
- Somerville Public Schools, MA
- 156 reviews
Medford High School Reviews
I started going to Medford high in the middle of my junior year. I returned from Nigeria and was quickly enrolled into Medford high. Making friends was not easy, because of this I dreaded going to school, going to lunch, and doing group activities. Returning this fall as a senior I hoped for things to be different, and surely it was. I have made some friends that I can laugh with, talk with, eat lunch with and do projects with. Making friends has gotten easier and has made my school life more exciting. One thing that made me extremely fond of Medford was the diversity. Medford is a very diverse school. It hold students from all different backgrounds and cultures. It enables each and everyone of its students to have a voice. It has enabled me to see new sides to one argument. I also admire the teachers that teach at Medford. The teachers are relentless and caring. Although I didn’t like Medford at first ,it has definitely grown on me. It is a place where I can be myself.
The school is falling apart. Your education depends on the teacher you get. The entire district has a bullying problem and no school except for the Brooks does anything about it. The library looks like a prison and the bathrooms are disgusting. The English classrooms still have CHALKBOARDS and the books are falling apart. The desks are even older than Bernie Sanders and the political environment is polarizing. Special Education students are quarantined to their own part of the building and if they stray away they are ridiculed by both students and faculty. We have only ever had one lock down drill in all my time here. The administrators are all generally clueless. The school has a drug problem you can't walk down any hallway without the stink of marijuana and when you walk into the bathroom someone is vaping. Despite the few amazing teachers I've had, the school and the system is a HOLE.
I had an amazing experience at Medford High School! I really enjoyed my years there. The students attending Medford High are really friendly and ultimately the school is very open and diverse. If one applies themselves at Medford High they are likely sure to succeed because everyone is rooting for the success of the students.