Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Medford High School is an above average, public school located in Medford, MA. It has 1,340 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Medford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A221 Students
- B171 Students
- B+160 Students
- A+136 Students
- A+133 Students
- C+109 Students
- A+98 Students
- A+85 Students
- B80 Students
- B-76 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
Cost is for the most complete schedule offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Medford High School Reviews
My experience at Medford High School was okay. Most of the faculty were very nice and accepting of all students, their problems, and were like guidance counselors to not only me but others. They had strict and ridiculous rules (some of which were only applied to certain groups of students instead of ALL students). The Vocational was a way better school in my opinion. I was a student of the culinary program and had the best teachers! They were an amazing support system for not just me but to all of us. Same goes for all the other vocational staff. I recommend joining the voc vs. the regular high school if you can.
Overall, it’s a pretty good school; however, there is no school spirit. Also, the bathrooms are filthy and always locked. There are some amazing teachers and other teachers who should’ve never been hired. Honors and AP classes are usually academically challenging, but some are a joke. The food is inedible yet very expensive. The clubs and diversity are amazing! Definitely wouldn’t have it any other way.
Medford High School is a school that like to celebrate other cultures through the foreign language department. Also, most of my teachers are very enthusiastic about teaching and wanted to see me and my classmates succeed. All of the students regardless of the school's shortcomings such as our average sports teams show tremendous school pride in every aspect of the school. And when any of our sports teams show success and make the playoff, those teams always has the back of the whole school rooting for further success. But the building is really old and hopefully, Medford can increase the budget to renovate the school and bring more shops at our vocational school. They could also improve their WiFi so students can always have convenient and quick access to the internet.