Mechanicville Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Mechanicville, NY. It has 690 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Mechanicville Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+18 Students
- B10 Students
- A9 Students
- C+9 Students
- A9 Students
- B-9 Students
- A+8 Students
- A-8 Students
- C+7 Students
- A+6 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Mechanicville Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Mechanicville Junior/Senior High School
- B-Waterford Junior/Senior High School
- Waterford-Halfmoon Union Free School District, NY
- 23 reviews
- BStillwater Middle/High School
- Stillwater Central School District, NY
- 35 reviews
- CHoosic Valley Junior Senior High School
- Hoosic Valley Central School District, NY
- 30 reviews
- B-Tamarac Middle School High School
- Brunswick Central School District (Brittonkill), NY
- 38 reviews
Mechanicville Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I like that it has a big school feel in a small town environment. I like that the teachers are willing to help outside of classroom hours and we follow block scheduling. Block scheduling made learning much more detailed and better 1 on 1 support with the teacher. I do wish we had more electives to chose from that would fit into the schedule. I wish more of our Junior and Senior classes were offered as college credit classes. I wish we had many more clubs and honor programs.
Principal and vice principal care about the students, guidance counselors are ok, office staff is helpful! All policies on bullying, dress code, attendance and anything else is in effect and they stand by all the policies!
I don't know if I would go to another school because I met my best friends here. Also , there have been some outstanding teachers, parents, and coaches that I will never forget. There have been the fair share of bad ones too. Our athletics are sometimes inconsistent, but I would say overall I've had fun doing them. The parents of the children in sports programs are very supportive and always available to help with and fundraising, rides, foods, or events we may have or need.