Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Mechanicville Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Mechanicville, NY. It has 709 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Mechanicville Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+32 Students
- grade B minus27 Students
- grade C+26 Students
- grade A17 Students
- grade A minus16 Students
- grade B minus15 Students
- grade A+14 Students
- grade A minus14 Students
- grade A+13 Students
- grade C12 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responses
- Pep rally40%
- Pep rallies20%
- Senior Nights20%
- We only have homecoming20%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$17,501 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Schools like Mechanicville Junior/Senior High School
- grade B minusWaterford Junior/Senior High School
- Waterford-Halfmoon Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 23 reviews
- grade BStillwater Middle/High School
- Stillwater Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.21 out of 5 39 reviews
- grade CHoosic Valley Junior Senior High School
- Hoosic Valley Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.42 out of 5 31 reviews
- grade B minusTamarac Middle School High School
- Brunswick Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.32 out of 5 50 reviews
Mechanicville Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3 out of 5 31 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I have been going to Mechanicville Junior/Senior High School since kindergarten. It is a very close knit community and everyone knows everyone. Many things could be improved, but it is a comfortable place to be. There are many good sports and clubs available and the teachers are always willing to help!
I am currently a senior and most of the teachers are very understanding and want you to learn. Although some teachers don't care and ignore virtual students to the point where they won't even dismiss nor greet them. The new principal, Mr.Mitchell is amazing. He makes sure everyone is safe and comfortable, I've been able to go to him for help with anything and he put a stop to it immediately. All the adults did an amazing job when it comes to preventing the virus, very professional and clean. Although, like I said, when it comes to the teaching part of this whole Covid-19 thing, virtually, it's difficult. But it's only been a few weeks and maybe they are just adjusting to the new system. I know my principal will work it all out soon, overall, this school is truly amazing and changing for the better with the new principal.
Mechanicville is a small community that I have enjoyed being a part of. I have made great friends and have received a good education from some wonderful teachers. Currently, we are going through a lot of changes - building project, new administration. Its unfortunate I will never get to fully appreciate the positive change in culture.