Mechanicsburg Area Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mechanicsburg, PA. It has 1,169 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Mechanicsburg Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+93 Students
- A93 Students
- B62 Students
- B+52 Students
- B43 Students
- A-42 Students
- C+38 Students
- B36 Students
- A+36 Students
- A-34 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Mechanicsburg Area Senior High School
- ACumberland Valley High School
- Cumberland Valley School District, PA
- 436 reviews
- A-Lower Dauphin High School
- Lower Dauphin School District, PA
- 256 reviews
- A-Carlisle Area High School
- Carlisle Area School District, PA
- 175 reviews
- A-Camp Hill Senior High School
- Camp Hill School District, PA
- 40 reviews
Mechanicsburg Area Senior High School Reviews
Overall, we have been extremely pleased with MASD. We have had positive experiences in regular, gifted, and special education. There are many teachers who go above and beyond for students. Our only frustration with the district has been with Project DREAMS. We believe in the program and think that job shadowing is invaluable. The teacher in charge, however, assumes the worst of the students. In reality, expectations are not clearly stated and students are penalized for work that they thought had been completed satisfactorily. She does not actually teach the students but only grades and oversees the requirements. She has made accusations that are untrue, called students liars, accused them of purposely avoiding work, and failed them, even when the classroom teacher has vouched for their character. It is frustrating when a program could be the highlight of a students' high school career and instrumental in their future endeavors, but is overshadowed by this kind of instructor.
MASH is your average suburban high school. There are good teachers and bad, those willing to put in extra work and those who are not. Sadly, throughout my two years at MASH, a handful of the best teachers have left the district and are somewhere else. The athletic programs are decent. There is a wide variety of sports for students to participate in, and the same goes with clubs. It is easy to get involved with different programs, and you can meet great people through them. Parent involvement is almost nonexistent, which can be a good and bad thing. The therapy dog in the counseling office is a great resource for students in distress. Overall, I've enjoyed my time at MASH, and I can't wait to see what the future has to hold.
The academics are great and I couldn't ask for a better education to prepare me for college. We are pretty diverse and accepting except most of our school is obviously white and there are groups that will harass minorities and nobody really does anything about it because we're afraid if we stand up, the administration will have our ass. My main complaint is the administration and how our school is run. The kids who tend to need more discipline don't. It's as if the school has given up on them. Instead, they give the generally disciplined students a harder time. Nobody knows why. The administration is bias depending on which students are troubled and which are not and the troubled get special treatment. The administration is also insanely sexist and will value a male student's story more than the female student's story. Teachers are great. Administration, not so much.