Meadville Area Senior High School is a public school located in Meadville, PA. It has 838 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Meadville Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+59 Students
- A54 Students
- B47 Students
- A+46 Students
- B-40 Students
- A-31 Students
- B-30 Students
- A-29 Students
- B24 Students
- B-23 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Meadville Area Senior High School
- B-Cochranton Junior/Senior High School
- Crawford Central School District, PA
- 62 reviews
- B-Saegertown Junior/Senior High School
- Penncrest School District, PA
- 59 reviews
- C+Commodore Perry Junior/Senior High School
- Commodore Perry School District, PA
- 35 reviews
- CCambridge Springs Junior/Senior High School
- Penncrest School District, PA
- 72 reviews
Meadville Area Senior High School Reviews
I believe that Meadville Area Senior High is filled with people who are obsessed with sports, and not much else. Almost all the teachers ask the students about the games they had, and will take time out of class to have students watch teams go to states if they make it (that actually happened last year). People who are involved in the arts don't get much recognition, especially in the drama department. There are two classes available for theatre, that are a semester long and are only available every other year. The classes are what you'd expect in a public high school, and the teachers are kind and supporting for some students crazy ideas, but I wish there was more support in the fields that aren't academically or sport related.
Meadville Area Senior High School is located in Meadville, Pennsylvania. It is a collection of Meadville City, Vernon Township, East Mead Township, and West Mead Township students who can be seen to come from all walks of life. It is very closely located to the heart of Allegheny College, a great bio-based college, and is known for diversity but also given a bad reputation due to fights and rumors. Most are fairly untrue and I see this High School as the heart of what can make Meadville as great of a place to you as I believe it is. Our sports teams are some of the best in the area and compared to private schools nearby, we match them fairly well. Our teachers are not all wonderful, but every year at least half of them will give students the knowledge they need whether common sense or academics, it is quite fantastic in my own opinion.
Meadville Area Senior High School is a nice school. Within the school we have very many programs and opportunities for students. We have speakers come in to give help with financial aid. We have lots of opportunities for sports, as well as offering many different academic opportunities with a lot of AP, advanced, and honors classes. At the school we have many choices for lunch as well as the option to bring your own lunch. Every student in the school has their own locker. Within the school we have a very nice library with lots of computers for students to use as well as books and laptops.