Meade High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A151 Students
- B+138 Students
- B-91 Students
- B+84 Students
- B+60 Students
- A+57 Students
- A+56 Students
- A+54 Students
- C+53 Students
- A+52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 93 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
Meade High School Reviews
Review Meade High School
Many of my teachers were apathetic and careless towards the students. Teachers of Meade High School taught for the test and didn't care what the students learned from the classes. Few of the teachers were very useful and did care genuinely about the well-being of the students. To become a teacher you need a degree in whatever you are teaching, right? Wrong! Many teachers had no formal degree in what they were teaching, they were just cogs of the department chair who at the beginning of the year would assign them to a class even if they had never taught it or studied it in their lives.
Meade High for me was a very interesting experience. What I expected going into this school was the opposite of what I thought. This school is full of diversity and school spirit. You can go watch a football, basketball, or soccer game and we could be losing by 20 points and you'll never once hear the students in the bleachers stop cheering. The students have a connection with each other when out watching sports events and its a supportive one for those out on the field or court. Our school spirit is one thing that has always allowed me to feel welcomed at this school. Along withthe school spirit, a diverse set of people attend this school. Having the advantage of being on a military base, you see lots of people in the halls and in your classes. Meade High has always been a good school to me, and I'll never forget the years I spent there.
I like how many courses are offered at meade. You can study to really be anything in college beause of he extensive programs here. We have PLTW for engineers, STEM for math and science, FBLA for business, the list goes on. There are also AP classes to help with college credit and there's an IB program which looks good on any college application. However, it's less about the curriculum we teach and more about the environment it's taught in. It's a large student body which means a lot of people to run into every day and if someone is not a fan of being around a whole lot of people then Meade isn't for you. We have almost 3,000 kids and it can be a bit cramped at times. The facilities are not the best either.