Skip to Main Content
  1. Academics
    B+
  2. Diversity
    B
  3. Teachers
    A
Mead Elementary School is an above average, public school located in Mead, CO. It has 598 students in grades PK, K-5 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.

Mead Elementary School Rankings

Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.

Academics

Percent Proficient - Reading
50%
Percent Proficient - Math
39%
Do You Work at Mead Elementary School? Claim Your School Today!
Claim your free account to keep your school's data up-to-date and get insights on user activity for your profile.
Living in the Area
  1. Cost of Living
    C+
  2. Good for Families
    B+
  3. Housing
    B
Median Household Income
$99,395
National
$55,322
Median Rent
$1,575
National
$949
Median Home Value
$355,600
National
$184,700

Students

Diversity
B
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Students
598
Free or Reduced Lunch
14%
--
We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
--
We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
--
We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey

More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Mead Elementary School

Preschool

Annual Cost
Cost is for the most complete schedule offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Starting Age
3
Pre-K Student-Teacher Ratio
Website
Schedule Options
  • Offers Full Week
  • Offers Part Week
  • Offers Full Day
  • Offers Part Day

Teachers

Student-Teacher Ratio
20:1
National
17:1
Average Teacher Salary
$56,999
Teachers in First/Second Year
15.7%
--
We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
--
We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
--
We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey

More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Mead Elementary School

Schools like Mead Elementary School
More

Mead Elementary School Reviews

2 reviews
The teachers here are quite talented and highly qualified. The student population comes here ready to learn and has great support from their families. The school gives a very rigorous education to it's students. Most students seem happy and eager to learn. Administration and staff do not have a cohesive or trusting bond. About 25% of the staff has it in with the principal and the other 75% work in fear. I would call it a hostile working environment. It was sad as a parent knowing there was a lot of underlying gossiping, unsupported teachers by admin, and those working in fear of the wrath of their boss.
Start Your Review of Mead Elementary School
Rate It!
This is a great community elementary school. Overall the teachers are great and do a wonderful job of meeting each child's individual needs. There are a few bad apple teacher, but not enough to spoil the bunch.