McPherson High School is a public school located in McPherson, KS. It has 723 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 12% in reading.
McPherson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-84 Students
- B-66 Students
- A-59 Students
- B+58 Students
- B45 Students
- B29 Students
- C+29 Students
- B29 Students
- B15 Students
- B+15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like McPherson High School
- BMoundridge High School
- Moundridge Unified School District, KS
- 51 reviews
- BSmoky Valley High School
- Smoky Valley Unified School District, KS
- 99 reviews
- B-Canton-Galva Jr/Sr High School
- Canton-Galva Unified School District, KS
- 23 reviews
- BInman Junior/Senior High School
- Inman Unified School District, KS
- 14 reviews
McPherson High School Reviews
I was very excited to go to McPherson High School! I had made it into a varsity sport as a freshman, I was in the color guard, and was able to join many clubs. The classes were very accommodating to what we were wanting to do with our futures! We have amazing science courses, business classes and accounting classes, and offer auto classes and welding classes for those who wish to do hands on work. Our sports have grown and our school stays united through teamwork and tradition. At every game you go to you hear all of our students and alumni singing our fight song, and as you leave you remember that once you’re a bullpup you’re always a bullpup. “Hail McPherson High School!”
McPherson is very proud of the things they accomplish, but the day-to-day learning needs some improvement. Most of the seniors barely have classwork and are just floating by on their way out. Consistently throughout all grades, students are known to cheat on everything-- making A's but not learning anything while they're there. However, it is a great environment to be involved in programs that will help a student thrive and move on to the next stage of life.
McPherson High School is a decent place to send your kids to school. Like every school, there are good teachers and bad ones. They focus a lot on college readiness and sports. Clubs and activities are very involved around the community. I would like to see the school to become more diverse. It is a good size school - not too big and not too small. They recently just got a school resource officer, so it is making safety a higher priority. Overall, it is a pretty good place to go to school.