Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC
McPherson High School is a public school located in McPherson, KS. It has 776 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
McPherson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A113 Students
- B-89 Students
- A-72 Students
- B68 Students
- B57 Students
- B46 Students
- C+37 Students
- B36 Students
- C24 Students
- B+19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responses
- Pep Rallies for homecoming games.26%
- Winning tradition23%
- May Fete16%
- Pep rallies10%
- Spirit Week10%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like McPherson High School
- B+Moundridge High School
- Moundridge Unified School District, KS
- 52 reviews
- B+Smoky Valley High School
- Smoky Valley Unified School District, KS
- 109 reviews
- BCanton-Galva Jr/Sr High School
- Canton-Galva Unified School District, KS
- 23 reviews
- BInman Junior/Senior High School
- Inman Unified School District, KS
- 16 reviews
McPherson High School Reviews
My experience at a student at McPherson high school could not have gone better. The teachers were there for me, they were there for every student (at least from my knowledge they have been) Our counselors want the best for us and will constantly check up on us. The school promotes good relationships with all students, they encourage the students to get involved with the community and get to know the people in it. There are clubs for all sorts of personalities, and classes for everyone as well. The drama department completes plays/musicals every year that always go amazingly. The shop and auto department are always being improved. Our athletics go above and beyond with having 53 state titles. Mcpherson High School (including the entire distric of 418) is the best district in Kansas. We have an outstanding group of children, families, and teacher.
I was very excited to go to McPherson High School! I had made it into a varsity sport as a freshman, I was in the color guard, and was able to join many clubs. The classes were very accommodating to what we were wanting to do with our futures! We have amazing science courses, business classes and accounting classes, and offer auto classes and welding classes for those who wish to do hands on work. Our sports have grown and our school stays united through teamwork and tradition. At every game you go to you hear all of our students and alumni singing our fight song, and as you leave you remember that once you’re a bullpup you’re always a bullpup. “Hail McPherson High School!”
I am a senior at McPherson High School right now and considering that this is the first time the teachers have ever had to teach through a pandemic I think that they have handled it very well and are very understandable about the situation while still holding students to the expected level of involvement and grades. McPherson High school has done a good job of preparing me for my future endeavors and I will be sad to go, but excited for this next step.