McNair High School is a public school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 705 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B149 Students
- A+109 Students
- B+82 Students
- C+71 Students
- B-66 Students
- C62 Students
- C+55 Students
- C+54 Students
- B-51 Students
- B51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
McNair High School Reviews
There were highs and lows. There were some supportive staff at McNair for a couple years, but they ended up leaving. The head administrator was rarely there, and when she was she never seemed to care about students education, only what they were wearing. The school didn’t prepare me for college at all, I had to take the hardest classes offered, and as a senior who is about to graduate, I still don’t feel prepared.
This school is not ideal for anyone who is advanced. The curriculum is not up to par, the students are wild and the building itself needs to be remodeled. The food is not great, some teachers do not care much for teaching, and the administration worries about the wrong things. The clubs, sports, school spirit, and student involvement are terribly low.
McNair Highschool is a great school who wishes nothing but the best for their students! They try with all their might to bring students to there full potential.