Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
McMinnville High School is an above average, public school located in McMinnville, OR. It has 2,164 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
McMinnville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-380 Students
- A-284 Students
- B277 Students
- B-244 Students
- C221 Students
- B182 Students
- A-128 Students
- B84 Students
- B83 Students
- A83 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like McMinnville High School
- C+Newberg Senior High School
- Newberg School District, OR
- 256 reviews
- C+Woodburn Academy of Art, Science & Technology
- Woodburn School District, OR
- 58 reviews
- C+Gaston Junior/Senior High School
- Gaston School District, OR
- 75 reviews
- C+Dayton High School
- Dayton School District, OR
- 87 reviews
McMinnville High School Reviews
I wouldn’t want to go to high school anywhere else! The greatest thing about the school is the amount of resources available for students and their families, the staff truly care and are supportive. There are various clubs and many academic opportunities. The academics are great, especially the pathways, which you can end up getting internships in. I’ve never felt unsafe, and while it may be annoying that there is only one point of entry, it’s just one of the many ways that our school is kept safe.
This is a decently large sized school of about 2.2k students in a growing small city in the Willamette Valley! There are many excellent sports programs and clubs to keep students active, engaged, and practicing life skills like communication, leadership, and community service. There are many advanced/honors/AP classes available as well as many ways that students are able to get emotional, financial, future, and homework help. I have enjoyed my years at Mac High and the staff work really hard to make sure that is so with things like Unity Week and being great people.
This last school year (2018-2019) I was a brand new student to the school. I had moved out of state from a very rural area in Nevada being super nervous due to the much larger amount of students that I found out attended the school. Just now getting ready to go into my sophomore year, I will say that this school is so surprisingly amazing! The teachers here absolutely deserve the most credit, some of them were the ones to help me out even after school hours. I wouldn’t chose any other highschool to attend other than McMinnville Highschool. I’m proud to be a grizzly❤️