Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
McLoud High School is a public school located in McLoud, OK. It has 468 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
McLoud High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+70 Students
- B70 Students
- A65 Students
- A60 Students
- B35 Students
- B+34 Students
- C32 Students
- B-30 Students
- B23 Students
- B16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
McLoud High School Reviews
My experience at this school was a roller coaster of emotions. At first, I did not favor McLoud High School most of my time there. However, it was during my junior year was when I fell in love with the school. The reason I rated McLoud High School a three because the school has its pros and cons. The things I adore about this school were sporting events, college readiness, traditions, science, technology, and math; clubs and organizations; and food. However, the things I disliked about the school was the lack of diversity, resources, parent involvement, tradition, safety precautions. Of course, schools are not perfect. These are just my problems and positives about the high school I graduated from.
I personally liked Mcloud High school,because it gave me the chance to meet amazing teachers who really impacted my life. There are certain teachers who helped build the character I am today and not just school skills. The clubs Mcloud offer are really amazing,and they push to make better people and open the students up. They offer art club,key club,and even NHS. The teachers dedicated to these clubs really inspire you to be a better person and prepare you for your future. What really stands out is the teachers and how they are willing to help you be a better character. If one thing needs to be changed here I would recommand a better discipline system,because I feel like the one they have in place dosent really teach kids to do better.For example,they way they handle situations could use more reasoning. This is my opinion on my highchool.
I liked Mcloud, because it is a small town and everyone knows everyone. I would like to see the culture change and see more people become friends. Although it was a small town it was bad, because you also knew to much of people’s business. I’d like to see more people try new things, new clubs, and try to make new friends as much as possible. They also need to think more about the students opinions and actually let the students know that they have an opinion just like the teachers. I think they should have more school sponsored activities, so it can really get the students involved.