McKinney Boyd High School Reviews

I came from an IB school background and while the education system in public school is rather grey, the people are very friendly. I think there needs to be more learning time but this might not change.
I liked that as a high school student you could take more challenging classes that prepare you for college. It was also refreshing when you got a teacher that really cared about the subject they taught.
what I like about McKinney BOYD high school is that this year I was a freshman and its not at all what you think, the teachers and even older students were very inviting and do not mind helping you. One thing that I really like is that there are LOTS of clubs that you can join and the staff encourages us to join a club and get involved, its a lot of fun when you get out and do stuff with the school. Another good thing is that you have a lot more freedom that can be a good thing but if you abuse it at school that can take it away from everything. The teachers want to help you be successful and do good later in life if you are not respectful to them it will come and bit you in the butt. Overall i would say that i really like this school so far!
Start Your Review of McKinney Boyd High School
I love the atmosphere and culture of McKinney Boyd it is a safe school with good academic opportunities. The clubs and sports the school has to offer are fun and provide for fun activities of Friday nights and lots of school spirit. The school offers college readiness but i wis it was more hands on and diligent about getting students ready for college and a new and more difficult study schedule. I enjoy being at McKinney Boyd and the students and faculty are very loving and provide to create a strong academic and well balanced school. The principal at McKinney Boyd is amazing and makes sure that all students feel welcome and that they are loved and important to the school.
Very enthusiastic school with a lot of school pride! Some of the teachers at the school were very amazing and I learned a lot, while some others did not get the job done. I was very proud to be a bronco and met many of my friends life long friends there even my boyfriend! I really do miss this high school.
My experience at Boyd was okay. Overall it i a nice school; the teachers are nice and the environment is friendly. I would recommend McKinney Boyd High School because the environment is very intimate.
I like how professional and uplifting the environment is, as well as the availability of resources to students.
McKinney Boyd High school offers a variety of prestigious academic and club opportunities; however, it lacks in certain departments such as: lunch food, policies, sports, administration, college readiness, and safety.
I have had a great high school experience. I moved from a different school district, and this school, the kids and the teachers were all very warm and welcoming. I loved my years at the school.
I will be a Boyd Bronco for life! I had a phenomenal time at McKinney Boyd and cannot wait for the future! Boyd prepared me for the next step and I will be forever indebted to McKinney Boyd!
McKinney Boyd presents it's students with great opportunities to explore the fields they love, while doing it within a great environment.
McKinney Boyd High School is one of the best high schools in the state of Texas. They have an excellent marching band program as well as wonderful teachers tailored to the unique needs of GT students. Everyone on the staff is super nice and helpful. My experience here has been fantastic!
McKinney Boyd High school is a school with a substantial amount of resources. The school has some very phenomenal teachers; some of the teachers there have such passion for the subject, compassion for the welfare of the students, and go to overwhelming lengths to impact their students positively for years to come. On the flip side, there are teachers there who are not so serious about their jobs. I have witnessed instances where these teachers have blatant disrespect for students and even violate many district and state rules. I was part of a school sports team that routinely had prayers led by the coach before games. My high school graduation was held in a mega-church, where one of the student speakers gave a speech about how dangerous it was for anyone to not consider following the gospel. As far as diversity and religious inclusion goes at McKinney Boyd, I believe there is a very long way to go.
At McKinney Boyd, I was involved in many activities and clubs, including the band. I was able to find many friends and enjoy my time here. Similar to most schools though, there was a mix of very good and very poor teachers, with most being average. When taking upper level/AP classes the teachers tend to be really good with the quality going down after that. Overall, I think that the school is good for an education and to get students ready for college.
I liked the teachers and acdemics that boyd had to offer but the culturewas not very good due to the student body
I only went to Mckinney Boyd high school for my senior year of high school. From my experience, it was a great school to for making new friends and get involved. They also prepared us well for college.
The school has plenty of resources at its disposal and AP teacher are very friendly; however, 'regular' teacher tend to have a high degree of apathy and that can be discouraging.
Start Your Review of McKinney Boyd High School
McKinney Boyd High School is a great school with a lot of school spirit. It's a great place to be in. McKinney Boyd has a good variety of classes, and the teachers are nice and supportive. The STEM program is great, and so is the sports, such as tennis and cross country.
I was lucky to attend such a clean and well-run school. McKinney Boyd is a large school that offers a variety of classes. I had positive experiences with most of the teachers I had there. The school has excellent art, music, and theater departments, as well as many clubs and organizations.
McKinney Boyd is pretty good. You can tell that the higher ups really want the best for the high schoolers, but sometimes it seems like they're too focused on getting students cutting edge technology than actually hiring teachers with the means to teach or ridding the school of bugs/rats.