McKinleyville High School is an above average, public school located in Mckinleyville, CA. It has 621 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
McKinleyville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-66 Students
- C44 Students
- B+28 Students
- A26 Students
- B18 Students
- A+18 Students
- B-15 Students
- A-14 Students
- A-14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
McKinleyville High School Reviews
The friendly teachers and close-knit community here are just a couple of the many things I love about this school. First off, I've never been in a more beautiful location. The redwood trees, mountains, and ocean are so picturesque. You'll never get tired of watching the sunsets. The class sizes are small enough to develop a great relationship with the teachers here and get the most out of your classes. Love this school!
At McKinleyville High School I am actively involved in the FFA, as an FFA member I am extremely proud of how our school is respectful, and how much our program has grown. Our administration supports each and every club, and works hard to keep the students safe, and the parents involved. If a problem arises, everyone, including students, work to solve the problem. I feel that McKinleyville High is a very safe environment for me and everyone of the students that attend the school. The academics and teachers work to prepare students for college, with IB and AP classes, the students have every opportunity to succeed. The school works hard to keep the parents involved in every event, and their students lives at school. Overally, I have had an amazing experience at McKinleyville, I have always felt welcomed, and I work hard to welcome all of my peers.
The teachers at Mckinleyville high school are absolutely fantastic. The majority are creative individuals that really care about the students and preparing us for university. They encourage us to share our opinions and really make connections between subjects. The drama program is hands down the best in the county. Those students really leave high school with confidence in speaking in performing and have even gone on to be in prestigious programs (such as OSF). I took 4/6 classes IB and this was my experience with those teachers, however outside of that program some teachers lack this enthusiasm and I would just say average performance. The school tends to have more conservative views and this can be suffocating at times if this disagrees with your views, and it certainly affects the culture of the school (southern themed dances, America dress up days, tense arguments in class, etc.) If you choose, can get a really spectacular education from the experienced teachers there.