McKinley High School is a public school located in Niles, OH. It has 709 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
McKinley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-60 Students
- B45 Students
- A+34 Students
- B28 Students
- B-24 Students
- A-18 Students
- A+12 Students
- A-11 Students
- B11 Students
- C9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review McKinley High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like McKinley High School
- BJackson-Milton High School
- Jackson-Milton Local School District, OH
- 74 reviews
- B-Sharon High School
- Sharon City School District, PA
- 31 reviews
- BHowland High School
- Howland Local School District, OH
- 152 reviews
- B-West Middlesex Junior/Senior High School
- West Middlesex Area School District, PA
- 79 reviews
McKinley High School Reviews
First, this high school is quite pretty good but supportive though. When I wanted to work hard, I would be better at it. This High School would change if some students will be more different than the students who goof around. They have all diet soda brands and tea brands without sugar and it isn't good at all. Food is ok but it doesn't have any strong tastes, they're weak tastes. Gym is very good but it's fun. And finally, this school will change to maybe the best.
I enjoyed Niles McKinley. I just wish I was challenged more. I have always gotten As easily, so I wish there were more opportunities. Also, the electives are not very diverse. Most of them are taught by the same teachers and involve computers.
This is a very fun and inviting school. The staff is polite but the food is not the greatest. I guess you could say far as school lunches go its not terrible. The hallways are very large and to counter that their are a lot of people in this school. The class sizes are pretty normal, not over packed but at the same time the class number isn't 5. The teachers for the most part are very supportive and are willing to work with students if they fall behind in the classes. I will say as a senior I have more privileges then the other classes. But at the same time a lot more is expected of me.