McHenry High School - West Campus is an above average, public school located in McHenry, IL. It has 1,427 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
McHenry High School - West Campus Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C137 Students
- B-129 Students
- A+116 Students
- B+110 Students
- A-109 Students
- A+109 Students
- A-100 Students
- B+92 Students
- A74 Students
- A-73 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like McHenry High School - West Campus
- B+McHenry High School - East Campus
- McHenry Community High School District No. 156, IL
- 225 reviews
- A-Grant Community High School
- Public School
- Fox Lake, IL
- 336 reviews
- A-Wauconda High School
- Wauconda Community Unit School District No. 118, IL
- 339 reviews
- BWilmot High School
- Public School
- Wilmot, WI
- 205 reviews
McHenry High School - West Campus Reviews
The environment and community surrounding the school is absolutely amazing. People are kind and no one is afraid to enter the school. There is a lot of community involvement around the school as well. From Key Club in the school, to any community involvement, people are always looking for opportunities to help out around town. The classes offered at West Campus rage from the level of education each person may need. There are the regular basis classes and there are the AP classes that help to prepare you for college and give you college credit. The overall purpose behind West classes is t prepare each individual student for after high school. Besides the classes, there are many clubs and activities for every student! Ranging from a video gaming club to the average sports teams. There is something for every kid to enjoy and get involved in. McHenry West Campus focuses on what is best for their students before anything else.
Something I love about McHenry High School - West Campus is participating in activities and sports. I love competing on the Track and Cross Country teams, going to football games, playing in the powder puff game, being a part of key club, and so much more! An improvement I would make to the campus would be having more student representation in decisions that impact them.
Overall a good experience. Classes are manageable yet challenging if you choose to take the AP/honors route. Lots of great teachers that make connections with students. Fantastic band program! Looking forward to seeing how things go with the new extension being built and the new courses being added.