McHenry High School - East Campus is an above average, public school located in Mchenry, IL. It has 839 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
McHenry High School - East Campus Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+75 Students
- A+71 Students
- B62 Students
- B+58 Students
- C+58 Students
- A-53 Students
- A-41 Students
- A-40 Students
- A40 Students
- A-33 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like McHenry High School - East Campus
- B+McHenry High School - West Campus
- McHenry Community High School District No. 156, IL
- 239 reviews
- ARichmond-Burton High School
- Public School
- Richmond, IL
- 177 reviews
- B+Grant Community High School
- Public School
- Fox Lake, IL
- 313 reviews
- BWauconda High School
- Wauconda Community Unit School District No. 118, IL
- 320 reviews
McHenry High School - East Campus Reviews
One aspect of McHenry East Campus that I've always held dear in my experience is how caring some of the teachers are, and how easy they are to grow attached to. The educators I've personally had have been very personable and relatable. They know their craft well, and are able to explain it in ways that are reachable to multiple types of students. Even when a student isn't very committed to their studies, many teachers still treat them with hope and with belief in them. As for the facilities, they are clean and easily accessible for everyone. The individuals in security are well liked by most of the student body, and are very nice to chat with on a day-to-day basis. The faculty in the main office are warm and welcoming, as are the school counselors in the counseling office. The theatre program is vibrant and filled with talent, as is the rest of the art department. This school is unique in its personality and fantastic faculty that overall allows for a blossoming learning environment.
An amazing school with teachers that care! Many different after school activities to join from sports to volunteering to theater. Absolutely loved the people there.
McHenry High School provided me with a mediocre high school experience. I enjoyed the environment of the school, many of the teachers and the after school activities I participated in. I can not say I am overly impressed with education I received unfortunately. McHenry is not well known for the education it provides the students, in fact the school is ranked far behind most schools in Illinois. The learning experience I received is definitely one of the things I disliked about McHenry High School.