McGuffey High School is a public school located in Claysville, PA. It has 563 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
McGuffey High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A29 Students
- B-25 Students
- A+24 Students
- B23 Students
- A-22 Students
- C+20 Students
- B-19 Students
- B+15 Students
- B-14 Students
- B-14 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingB
- Good for FamiliesC+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like McGuffey High School
- C+Fort Cherry Junior/Senior High School
- Fort Cherry School District, PA
- 35 reviews
- C+Chartiers-Houston Junior/Senior High School
- Chartiers-Houston School District, PA
- 37 reviews
- C+Brooke High School
- Brooke County Schools, WV
- PK, K-12
- 46 reviews
- A-Wheeling Park High School
- Ohio County Schools, WV
- 189 reviews
McGuffey High School Reviews
Some things are nice, but the bottom line is it's a country school. Most of the students are racist and hicks. Chewing tobacco can usually be spotted at least once walking from one class to another. If you aren't a part of the "popular" clique, everyone treats you differently, even administrators. It's a small town so a lot of kids know teachers out of school. If you break it down the cliques are popular kids, hicks, athletes, smart kids, stoners, and then everyone else kinda just floats around. Being gay, colored, or anything out of the norm will get you odd looks from the popular kids and made fun of by the hicks. Everyone knows mostly everyone in their grade, if not personally they at least know who they are.
A few teachers like Mrs. Mizell, Mrs. Brown, and Mr. Cunningham were willing to go above and beyond to help students. Some teachers (Mr.Mcbeth) were great teachers but showed favorites occasionally. I think the worst teacher is Mrs. Gusky. She is a nice lady but is more of a friend than a teacher, looses assignments then claims they were never turned in, and barely teaches anything.
Our school's safety policies are taken very seriously by our administration. Our security is rotated throughout the elementary school and the high school/middle school based on a two week schedule. McGuffey's health policies are very secure. The school itself is health hazardous at times, but very safe other than that.