Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA
McGregor High School is a highly rated, public school located in McGregor, TX. It has 396 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
McGregor High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B129 Students
- B-83 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+56 Students
- B+52 Students
- A39 Students
- A-38 Students
- B+34 Students
- B25 Students
- A24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like McGregor High School
- B-Moody High School
- Moody Independent School District, TX
- 29 reviews
- BTroy High School
- Troy Independent School District, TX
- 70 reviews
- BRobinson High School
- Robinson Independent School District, TX
- 182 reviews
- AMidway High School
- Midway Independent School District, TX
- 488 reviews
McGregor High School Reviews
My name is Elizabeth Reyes, and I am a senior at McGregor High School. I have been part of the McGregor School District my entire life. After many years of attending school, I am finally going to graduate. So far, I would say my experience at my high school has been satisfying. McGregor High school is moderately small, meaning the student population is not very high. In my opinion, I believe that is why my experience has been pleasant. I enjoyed that my teachers cared for me, especially considering they would stay after school to tutor me. Anytime I ever needed assistance, my teachers were there for me every step of the way. A change I would love to see is the funding for the arts program. I feel that, with a bit more funding, so much creativity could blossom.
Overall I just think it's a great school. I feel like it was a friendly and welcoming school. Although it was a small school, I loved it because I felt like I could get more academic help when I needed it. Great teachers too, always willing to help. I loved the people and teachers. Made great relationships with them and made memories that I will always remember. The school keeps growing and has more to offer ever year! I love the community that we are.
I love the way the community in McGregor, and the way that students are towards each other. Everyone cares about each other, and the relationships between teachers and students are very beneficial. Teachers genuinely care for their students and want them to succeed. It is a great school district to grow up in and become educated through.