McGehee High School is a public school located in Mcgehee, AR. It has 484 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
McGehee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C94 Students
- B66 Students
- B66 Students
- A64 Students
- B-47 Students
- B44 Students
- B-32 Students
- B-30 Students
- B-20 Students
- A-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
McGehee High School Reviews
I would describe my experience with McGehee High School as pretty good. For a small town, the academics are pretty great, but our facilities are terrible. The school is not cleaned very well. Some of the experienced teachers are amazing. A new STEM program was started, and that was a great step forward for our school.
McGehee high school has been a great experience for me over the years. I have been taught for the first time ever, rather well, extremely well if i'm being honest. These years that i have been going to school I have only went to two different schools and no doubt can i say that i would have loved to have been going to Mcgehee my whole life instead of these three almost four years that I have been going here. I wouldn't change a single at the school. it is great the way it is and I am very proud of the school that I go to.If someone needs a recommendation for a school to switch or transfer to then I would highly recommend Mcgehee as an aption.
Best high school ever. Learned something new daily and the new class environment was amazing. The teachers knew exactly how to make you feel at home and make sure you learned what you needed to succeed in the future. I am a MHS Alumni! I love my high school.