McFarland High School is a highly rated, public school located in McFarland, WI. It has 695 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
McFarland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+102 Students
- A-40 Students
- A+39 Students
- B+31 Students
- B+29 Students
- B+28 Students
- C+23 Students
- B23 Students
- A-21 Students
- B17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like McFarland High School
- AOregon High School
- Oregon School District, WI
- 137 reviews
- B+Cambridge High School
- Cambridge School District, WI
- 38 reviews
- AMonona Grove High School
- Monona Grove School District, WI
- 118 reviews
- AVerona Area High School
- Verona Area School District, WI
- 216 reviews
McFarland High School Reviews
I like going to McFarland. My teachers genuinely care about my education and will go the distance to make sure I am learning what I am being taught. The school itself is a safe place where bullying doesn't seem very common along with the fact that fights are very rare. There are tons of extra curricular activities to give students a wide range of options to explore their interests.
The teachers are well educated but really only teach according to how the general student learns. If you are a student that doesn't understand material by hearing it once, the teachers are unable to help.
McFarland high school is a great, clean, and safe building. However, it does not quite have the resources to give kids the opportunity to get as many AP credits as possible. Many students from other schools come to college with 15-20+ AP credits, but at McFarland, the AP offerings are slim and should be expanded.