McEwen High School is a public school located in Mcewen, TN. It has 313 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
McEwen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-65 Students
- A-42 Students
- C+40 Students
- B39 Students
- B33 Students
- B28 Students
- B25 Students
- B+19 Students
- B19 Students
- B17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
McEwen High School Reviews
McEwen High School was a good school to go to. McEwen is a smaller town so I really enjoyed the smaller class sizes. Every high school has its own set of problems, but MHS holds the community together. The students are brought up to respect everyone. MHS loves to advocate and support everyone in the community.
This has been the best school I've attended thus far. The teachers and staff are good at their jobs and connect with students. The environment is a learning experience in and of itself, and my peers at this school are helpful and inclusive of each other. I am quite impressed with the strong community feeling that is always present here.
McEwen High School is a very good. The teachers really care about you, and helping you with your future. Since it's such a small community you have ever one the lean on. One of the things I would change about it though is how we don't get much money. A lot of our things are very old and has been used a lot of times. If we had some more things then we would have a better opportunity to get an even better education.