Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesB
McEachern High School is an above average, public school located in Powder Springs, GA. It has 2,390 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
McEachern High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B715 Students
- B579 Students
- A+556 Students
- B+409 Students
- B-316 Students
- A+256 Students
- C+249 Students
- B+204 Students
- C194 Students
- A-191 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.66 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.66 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 238 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.91 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.91 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.91 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.106 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.106 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.106 responses
McEachern High School Reviews
McEachern is an outstanding school. I truly enjoy attending this school on a daily basis. McEachern has lots of clubs and activities as well as opportunities which can help you successfully prepare for the future. McEachern feels like a second home to me; I feel completely comfortable with the teachers and staff that work there. The people who attend McEachern are dynamic and full of life. If I was to describe my experience there in one word it would be monumental!
I went to McEachern High School, all four years for my high school experience. I enjoyed the overall opportunity to be apart of the community in our school and in Georgia period. I loved the acceptance of different cultures, the chances on learning more than one common language, and the diversity roaming around the open campus. The bonus was the open campus that prepared the students for how college would be on a real campus or University. My overall experience as a McEachern Indian was very welcoming, different, exciting, cultural awakening, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I met many different people that inspired and affected me, teachers and students alike, and had many experiences that many adults haven't even had the chance to try. All in all, I would recommend it for the upcoming generation who also wants the chance to learn, try new things, and be accepted. The only thing I would recommend is more chances to have real life experiences in preparation for the Real World.
McEachern’s diverse environment has helped me find a comfortability within my peers, simply just by sharing the same race. It’s helped me realize that there are others like me and we share several traditions that I thought no one else knew of. McEachern has an overwhelming positive and hype energy when it comes to sports. We’ve had national television stations come to film our football and basketball games and other news reports which makes us students even more excited to come out and support our teams. Events like this open my eyes to how worthwhile high school is, even the small details like wearing school colors together embraces a sense of family and purpose. McEachern offers various programs and career pathways that give students opportunity to explore interests and provides a sense of family from whichever activity you belong to.