McDowell Early College is a highly rated, public school located in Marion, NC. It has 195 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
McDowell Early College Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+41 Students
- A-33 Students
- B30 Students
- B+29 Students
- A+26 Students
- B+23 Students
- B-15 Students
- A+14 Students
- B13 Students
- B-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review McDowell Early College
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
McDowell Early College Reviews
My school is hard to explain. We have some amazing staff; our principle goes out of her way to help students with personal and academic issues and to plan school events. The way the duel enrolment works is complicated at times because we have to coordinate events and classes with McDowell Tech and with the college teachers it is win some loose some on involvement and caring. Overall the school is a great money saving opportunity.
Every teacher is there to help you and give you support. They give low-middle class families the chance to get a college degree in addition to their high-school diploma. I couldn't ask for a better school!
I thoroughly enjoy how everyone at McDowell Early College is grown really close (if it's through Summer Bridge, to school activities). However, I do not like how disorganized we are when it comes to the events. At times, we can be very unorganized and no one will know what's going on.