McDonald High School is an above average, public school located in Mc Donald, OH. It has 403 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
McDonald High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-74 Students
- B39 Students
- A+30 Students
- A-19 Students
- B-19 Students
- B15 Students
- B10 Students
- A10 Students
- A10 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review McDonald High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like McDonald High School
- C+Bristol High School
- Bristol Local School District, OH
- 46 reviews
- C+Newton Falls High School
- Newton Falls Exempted Village School District, OH
- 38 reviews
- BSharpsville Area Senior High School
- Sharpsville Area School District, PA
- 72 reviews
- B-West Middlesex Junior/Senior High School
- West Middlesex Area School District, PA
- 79 reviews
McDonald High School Reviews
In my opinion McDonald High School is an amazing school to be apart of. In this school everyone looks out for each other. The school partakes in projects in order to help our community, an example of this is positive impact day which we do every other year. All of the teachers look out for the students and have their best interest at heart. In conclusion, McDonald High School is a positive, heart filled school which I am glad to be a part of.
My experience at McDonald has been excellent. The teaching staff has been great, along with our principal he is an amazing and caring person. There curriculum is very good as well. The classes we take always get us college ready. I would highly recommend McDonald high school.
One thing I love about McDonald High School is how they participate in Positive Impact Day. Positive Impact Day is one day dedicated to helping the environment by cleaning the village up, gardening, and making the village its best. It's a great experience because it brings all of the students together and shows them how to work as a team. It allows you to work with different grade levels and become more involved with the school. I would choose this school over again because it's such a small community. Everyone knows each other so it leads to everyone being close.