McDonald High School is an above average, public school located in Mc Donald, OH. It has 394 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
McDonald High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B83 Students
- B42 Students
- A+30 Students
- A-21 Students
- B-19 Students
- B15 Students
- A-10 Students
- B9 Students
- A9 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like McDonald High School
- CBristol High School
- Bristol Local School District, OH
- 48 reviews
- CNewton Falls High School
- Newton Falls Exempted Village School District, OH
- 39 reviews
- BSharpsville Area Senior High School
- Sharpsville Area School District, PA
- 73 reviews
- C+West Middlesex Junior/Senior High School
- West Middlesex Area School District, PA
- 79 reviews
McDonald High School Reviews
In my opinion McDonald High School is an amazing school to be apart of. In this school everyone looks out for each other. The school partakes in projects in order to help our community, an example of this is positive impact day which we do every other year. All of the teachers look out for the students and have their best interest at heart. In conclusion, McDonald High School is a positive, heart filled school which I am glad to be a part of.
I have been a student at McDonald High School since 7th grade. The school is mixed 7th-12th grade. I enjoyed having the smaller student base that this district offers, it allows for smaller classrooms and more one-on-one time with your teachers.
It’s good excperience teachers are good helpers, and you get to go home for lunch. We get a chance to learn different languages like Spanish and French. We got some good art, drawing, and ceramics classes. And we’ll have soccer as a sport as of 2019. We have a good cross country team and a good track team.