McDonald County High School is an above average, public school located in Anderson, MO. It has 1,174 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
100 Mustang Dr
Anderson, MO 64831
McDonald County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C116 Students
- B+112 Students
- B-109 Students
- A91 Students
- A60 Students
- B+34 Students
- A-33 Students
- B+24 Students
- B23 Students
- A22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
McDonald County High School Reviews
McDonald County is not only the foundation for stepping out into the world, but the place where you can call home forever. Not just the school but the district is like a family to me. They support your goals and give you the confidence and encouragement needed to make dreams become a reality. You will never forget your experience here or the people who made the impossible possible. Not to mention the enthusiastic teachers, administration, coaches, and janitors who bring joy to school days and who will always care for you in the future after you leave. I will always be proud to be a mustang and will cherish every memory I made there.
The teachers at the high school are top-notch. They take the time to help the students understand what the learn and push the students to work hard. They also work hard to improve on the education experience the students have now, so students who attend the school in later years have the best expirience possible.
We have many clubs and group activities here at McDonald County High School. Some clubs are International Club, Library Club, Band, Basketball, Baseball, Drama, FFA, FCA, SkillsUSA, Student Council, Football, Soccer, Softball, Wrestling, Cheer, Gifted Program/Tips, and Debate. Most of our clubs require a high level of commitment such as cheer and band. There are also many booster groups like Band Boosters. Most students at my high scool are involved in 1-2 groups and some of them are involved in much more. In my opinion, the funnest of the groups is band. I am the band manager at my high school. The McDonald County High School Band is one big family and is full of amazing students.