Mccracken County High School is a highly rated, public school located in Paducah, KY. It has 1,971 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Mccracken County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+171 Students
- A-144 Students
- A-96 Students
- B-96 Students
- B-82 Students
- B-35 Students
- B32 Students
- B27 Students
- B+27 Students
- C+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Mccracken County High School Reviews
What I liked most about McCracken County High is the numerous opportunities offered. Unlike surrounding high schools, they offer courses in biomedical sciences, health careers, culinary, engineering, the arts, etc while offering rigorous required courses. The athletic department is top notch and the teachers are very knowledgeable and helpful.
I enjoyed going to school at McCracken County High School. The classes have prepared me for college and the teachers made class interesting. The principal is very involved in activities around the school and constantly strives to let every student know that he cares about everyone at the school. Since the school building is only a few years old, the facilities are very nice and clean. This is a great high school to attend.
McCracken County High School is a consolidated school of Reidland, Lone Oak, and Heath High School. Combining schools was probably one of the best decisions to happen to McCracken County. The fairly new high school offers so many opportunities to help students thrive such as the Biomedical Program, Project Lead the Way Programs, etc. These programs would not exist for all high school students if the schools did not consolidate. The love everyone has for our school can be seen every single day through our Mustang pride. I love McCracken County High School and am thankful for the opportunity to attend it.