McCracken County High School is a highly rated, public school located in Paducah, KY. It has 2,023 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
McCracken County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B208 Students
- A-171 Students
- B-115 Students
- A-108 Students
- B-97 Students
- B-42 Students
- B-34 Students
- B+34 Students
- B-30 Students
- C+24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
McCracken County High School Reviews
McCracken County High School is the current high school I attend as a senior. There is such a strong sense of family at my school. Through the years we have gone through incidents we never thought we would be able to make it through. Yet, with the faculty and staff that we have, we have been able to overcome these things. High school has been a different environment me and has taught me things I never thought I would learn. The community at my school is so amazing and makes sure that every student matters. Our school motto is "Everyone matters, every moment counts". This phrase has helped my peers and I to realize the important things in live and were able to take advantage of every second we're given. I think my school is extraordinary and I would not want to go anywhere else!
McCracken County High School is an amazing school with just as great staff. Academics, Sports, Fine Arts, and al of the clubs are all equally respected and make up this high school. The only think I dislike about McCracken is the lack of security when compared to other schools. Don’t get me wrong, McCracken is serious about the staff and the students’ protection. However, further precautions can be made and be effective. For example, student ids and metal detectors would be great for the safety of everyone at McCracken County High School.
As a senior at McCracken County High School during the 2019-2020 school year, I can vouch for this school's excellent opportunities and administration. There is something at this school for everyone in terms of clubs and there are many offerings for honors, AP, and Dual-Credit courses. The guidance counselors really care about what they do and are very approachable, as are the Principal and Assistant Principals.