McCook Senior High School is a public school located in Mc Cook, NE. It has 477 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
McCook Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+40 Students
- A39 Students
- B-32 Students
- B+25 Students
- A-19 Students
- B-15 Students
- B14 Students
- NG10 Students
- B+9 Students
- A-9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review McCook Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
McCook Senior High School Reviews
The McCook Senior High School is a pretty great experiance. Their academics could be improved. However, their athletic programs are great! The students are great people who work for what they get. The faculty is also amazing in the fact that they help students individualy if nessisary.
I liked the clubs they offer and the sports they offer. But don't like how there is no parking for students, or a cafeteria for that fact. The education there is good, some of the teachers are excellent some are not some are not even qualified or provide quality education. The high school itself is not very diverse in ethnicity or culture. I would recommend this high school to boys who play football and have a lot of money to keep up on costs.
There are several activities to choose from at McCook Senior High School. The sports offered included: football, boys/girls tennis, boy/girls golf, boys/girls basketball, girls volleyball, softball, baseball, track and field, boys/girls swimming/diving, wrestling and a traveling soccer team. If you were not interested in sports there were plenty off other activities to participate in. Some of these included: FFA, Robotics Club, Math Club, Choir, Band, Science Club, Science Fair, Student Counsel, and several others.