Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
McClain High School is a public school located in Greenfield, OH. It has 549 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
McClain High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-80 Students
- A+51 Students
- C34 Students
- B-32 Students
- C29 Students
- A-27 Students
- A-22 Students
- C18 Students
- B-18 Students
- B13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like McClain High School
- CAdena High School
- Adena Local School District, OH
- 79 reviews
- B-Hillsboro High School
- Hillsboro City School District, OH
- 101 reviews
- BFairfield Local High School
- Fairfield Local School District, OH
- 26 reviews
- C+East Clinton High School
- East Clinton Local School District, OH
- 49 reviews
McClain High School Reviews
McClain High School is a great school full of rich history and culture. Many great faculty and staff members. Students each get personal computers to take home and complete assignments on and after graduating they get to keep them! Teachers offer lots of help and the school is small enough where there is a lot of one on one teacher. The school is over 100 years and was a gift to the town of Greenfield by Edward Lee McClain in 1914 and has lots of history and traditions. The community is very supportive and proud of the school and the town.
People may know our school as a beauty landmark as it 's a historical monuments of our state. You can see a 100 year old swimming pool, marble staircase, busts, and murals in the school. The people though, make it even more beautiful here. I love the atmosphere, the family feeling that you can get with being in McClain High School. There are ways to get involved that matches up with different interests. The faculty puts forth effort to ensure that students get the best opportunities to learn and get ready for the next step whether it be enrollment, enlistment, or employment. Special classes divided by grades focus on preparing the students. For example, junior academy spends a lot of time practicing for the ACT, senior academy is split between the 3 different future paths that the students select and help prepare whether it be teaching life skills or giving lists out of different scholarships- how I found this scholarship now- and helping fill out college applications.
McClain High school is a beautiful school filled with history and artwork. The school takes pride in its over 100 year old school. The education fulfilled my expectations and I felt college ready in many areas. However, I would change being able to do other life experiences that college students undergo. For example how to balance check books, gain credit scores, and filling out applications.