McCall-Donnelly High School is a highly rated, public school located in McCall, ID. It has 281 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
McCall-Donnelly High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-45 Students
- B37 Students
- A22 Students
- B-20 Students
- B+20 Students
- A+15 Students
- B+14 Students
- A13 Students
- B+11 Students
- B-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
McCall-Donnelly High School Reviews
Overall, I've enjoyed my time at MDHS! My teachers have been fairly accommodating and easy to work with, and I've met some of my favorite people here. Inclusion vs. exclusion is a bit of a tough topic here, and there are some bits and pieces that aren't as lovely as MDHS would like you to believe - the loneliness that can stem from a small community riddled with even a small amount of divisiveness and bullying aren't great, but the education is well-structured and rigorous for a small school. Budget distributions can make children of the arts feel disproportionately represented with a hefty set of funds for winning sports teams and some ignorance in other spots, and the pressure to take AP classes, Dual-Credit, and participate in extracurriculars - while great for college prep and resume building - can wear down the community. Overall, I'm glad to have been here for my strong education during high school.
McCall-Donnelly High School is one of the best in the state. Considering that it is such a small town, it's incredible the opportunities that are offered through the school, some of which aren't even offered at bigger schools in bigger cities. The community is so inclusive and everyone really cares for students, which makes high school a completely different experience than others may receive. The teachers, administrators, and students preach kindness, and that is what any parent or student should be looking for in a school.
Frankly, I haven’t enjoyed my time at MDHS. I don’t particularly feel like the teachers care about the students in the way that they should. I’ve never been a student that struggles, but my friends that have experienced struggle in their academics haven’t often been adequately helped. There’s a clear lack of community among MDHS students that hasn’t ever been addressed during my time here. It’s frustrating.