McBee High School is a public school located in Mcbee, SC. It has 520 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
264 East Pine Street
Mcbee, SC 29101
McBee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A43 Students
- B-40 Students
- B-31 Students
- B+31 Students
- B+26 Students
- A25 Students
- B24 Students
- B-18 Students
- C+17 Students
- B-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review McBee High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
McBee High School Reviews
For my overall experience, I would have to give this school 5 stars. The only thing I do NOT like about this school is the food. They almost always give us the same thing! They barely ever give the most requested dishes. It is quite upsetting. Aside from that the teachers and students are great to interact with. I believe it would be fair to say everyone has at least one friend at school. I enjoy it here.
Many things about McBee High School are wonderful. The curriculum, the teachers, our loving fans are just a few. However, one thing is for certain and that is the vulnerability of my school with the new Anti-Bullying Program. Now students feel more targeted, and the "victims of bullying" terror everything with the threat of calling "Bully!" McBee High School has a wonderful staff, excellent teachers, an outstanding Agricultural Department, and amazing athletic ability. The bullying program is what sets us apart from being completely magnificent. That and the broken bathroom on the main hall.
McBee High School is a small school located in the heart of McBee, South Carolina. We are a small town in South Carolina located about an hour away from our state capital Columbia. McBee maybe small in numbers but we have big hearts. It's like one big family but with any family we have our fair share of problems but at the end of the day we are there for each other and that's something you only learn in small towns like ours. I love McBee because it is part of me and will always be apart of my life.