McBain High School is a public, alternative school located in Mc Bain, MI. It has 557 students in grades 5-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 26% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
McBain High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B36 Students
- B30 Students
- B+28 Students
- A16 Students
- B15 Students
- A+12 Students
- C-11 Students
- A-11 Students
- B10 Students
- B10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review McBain High School
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like McBain High School
- C+Pine River Area Middle/High School
- Pine River Area Schools, MI
- 68 reviews
- B-Cadillac Senior High School
- Cadillac Area Public Schools, MI
- 128 reviews
- C+Marion High School
- Marion Public Schools, MI
- 10 reviews
- C+Lake City High School
- Lake City Area School District, MI
- 58 reviews
McBain High School Reviews
There are many teachers that ask for student input on what to teach as well as change lesson plans to accommodate the way the students learn best. The teachers are also very open with students and are there to help the students out with homework, inside and outside of the classroom.
With all the city support in anything the school does, the tight community, effectiveness of the teachers, and acceptance of people makes my school stand out.
The teachers and staff are very helpful and are here to help you learn the materials as best as you can. I would like to see more club/activity choices