Mayville High School is a public school located in Mayville, WI. It has 395 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Mayville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+26 Students
- B+20 Students
- B19 Students
- A-14 Students
- A-12 Students
- B-11 Students
- B10 Students
- A+10 Students
- B+10 Students
- B+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Mayville High School
- BLomira High School
- Lomira School District, WI
- 40 reviews
- B-Kewaskum High School
- Kewaskum School District, WI
- 46 reviews
- BBeaver Dam High School
- Beaver Dam Unified School District, WI
- 88 reviews
- BCampbellsport High School
- Campbellsport School District, WI
- 96 reviews
Mayville High School Reviews
Out of the four years that I have spent here, it was not all that bad. Sure, the school it's self couldn't remain a constant temperature or that one year the heat turned off too early. However, that is all getting fixed. What really makes the school, is that even through the nasty conditions the school is able to stick together. Students would bring in blankets and share with others. As well as the teachers let this happen because they do care. They might not be the greatest at teaching what we're suppose to know, but they care and try. That, I think, is what really matters.
Mayville High School has strong music and athletic programs that allow a sense of pride for students. There are a variety of clubs and organizations for students to interact in their communities. However, with a consistent flow of staff it is difficult for both pupils and teachers to understand their environments, what their futures will bring. Moreover, offered classes are inconsistent and AP or high level courses are not taught consistently.
I had GREAT 4 years at MHS but was a ruff few years of poor coaching on our Varsity football team that's for sure! Many VEry good players would not play for the Head coach who was unfortunately my coach for 3yrs as I also decided not to play for him my sophomore year. Luckily for my younger brother has a new coach and winning coach for top division 1 schools and our previous coach that took us allmost to the state championship back in early 2000. Amazing baseball team we have played together since 3rd grade. Some teacher's better than others. Could offer more college prep courses and transferable credit's.