Maysville High School is a public school located in Zanesville, OH. It has 623 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Maysville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+54 Students
- A-52 Students
- B-47 Students
- B-38 Students
- B37 Students
- A-27 Students
- B24 Students
- B-18 Students
- B14 Students
- B+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Maysville High School
- BTri-Valley High School
- Tri-Valley Local School District, OH
- 51 reviews
- B-Philo High School
- Franklin Local School District, OH
- 53 reviews
- CNew Lexington High School
- New Lexington City School District, OH
- 47 reviews
- BWest Muskingum High School
- West Muskingum Local School District, OH
- 28 reviews
Maysville High School Reviews
My experience at Maysville High School has been amazing, I have made great friends that have stuck by me through it all. The teachers are amazing and treat you with the respect you deserve. I wish everyone could have a great high school experience as I did here at Maysville High.
The extracurricular activities at my school are extensive, but none are larger than the sports teams. Not only do our sports teams have nearly 20-25 players per team, but they are very successful. The girls basketball team has seen significant runs in the tournament the past few years, the football team has made playoffs several times, and the softball team has made regional finals that last two years. Coming with this success is the extensive support provided by students and residents of the area who make it to all the games, cheering on the local heroes.
All the teachers at school are kind and considerate to their students. They never refuse to help a student in need, regardless of the situation or if it even was involved in school. All my teachers have extensive knowledge of their subjects and they engage students in a way that makes them want to learn, instead of forcing them. While maintaining respect in their classrooms, teachers become approachable to students, offering a shoulder to cry on or just someone to vent your frustrations on. I know the teachers at my school will always be there for me in whatever capacity I need.