Mays High School is a public school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 1,669 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Mays High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B434 Students
- A+346 Students
- B+290 Students
- C+220 Students
- C+211 Students
- B-200 Students
- C188 Students
- A-184 Students
- C+174 Students
- B168 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 169 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.63 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
Mays High School Reviews
Mays High School is a great school to go to if you are a lover of the arts, sports, and your community. I am a senior at Mays who is getting prepared to graduate. They make sure that you are well taken care of ,and that you are on top of things as far as school and life. They prepare you for the real world step-by-step. I'm glad to be apart of Mays. It is where I faced challenges, defeated my fears, and had the best times of my life!
It's a public school in America, so you know, its what you make of it. I'm just answering this survey for a scholarship because the pricing of college education in this country is completely idiotic but whatever I'm at the 100 character limit. I hope this is a luck of the draw type deal and they're not actually reading these things. Wish me luck!
I love my Alma mater, but improvement is much needed. The curriculum was not bad, but it did not necessarily prepare me for college. As a predominantly black school, we were primarily guided to apply to HBCUs/Inner-City universities which limited options for us. I attended a PWI in Louisiana and made the most of that experience. I would have never known about that school had it not been for the scholarship offer for their athletics program. I went into college unaware of the many fields offered. I only knew of the generic careers like engineering, teaching, and medical doctor. It took me 2 years in college to figure out what my real passion was. Overall, Mays has to show students that there are no limits on what they can achieve and present them with all of their options.