Mays High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+254 Students
- A+240 Students
- A-164 Students
- A-122 Students
- B-114 Students
- B-112 Students
- B-108 Students
- B-104 Students
- C83 Students
- A+70 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 142 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Mays High School Reviews
Review Mays High School
My experience in Mays was fantastic! I had an excited year! I made friends, I got all of my classes, I enjoyed my teachers and I loved talking to them because they make me feel like I know what I must do in the future. The things I would like to change, though, is the dress code. We hardly wear uniforms; we always wear something... not uniform-ish. And also, I would love to change the food lunches. It's not that appetizing. I feel like their need to be better chefs to cook a decent meal. But other than that, I had a great time here.
From the day I changed my decision to go to Mays High School, I have loved it for various reasons. Every since day one, everyone in the school, from administrators, teachers, and staff showed that Mays would be the best place for me. I was not quite confident that I would make a lot of friends, but that changed because I made plenty. The most enjoyable thing that I love about Mays is the band program, that I've been apart of as section leader, from freshman to current senior year. Also, when wanting to join the large amount of extra curricular activities, Mays High will not doubt you. As I am preparing for graduation in May of 2017, I plan to see a change in the school where as the students feel that bond as a whole school body/family like how it used to be. Also, the performances on test/grades should and will change as the students grow and get a better perspective on what Mays High School is all about.
As a student of Mays High School, I really enjoy everyday I go to school. The teachers here care and support me through most challenges rather it be in school or out of school. The system here allows students to try and learn through rigorous activities while still being able to ask for any help. The activities and clubs offered here are very exciting to participate in and makes anyone feel like family. Other than the lunch they give, which tends to be not the best at times, I wouldn't change anything about the school.