Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Maypearl High School is an above average, public school located in Maypearl, TX. It has 380 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Maypearl High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+41 Students
- C33 Students
- B+25 Students
- B25 Students
- B-24 Students
- B24 Students
- B+24 Students
- A+24 Students
- B21 Students
- A-20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Maypearl High School
- B+Midlothian High School
- Midlothian Independent School District, TX
- 356 reviews
- B+Waxahachie High School
- Waxahachie Independent School District, TX
- 302 reviews
- B-Italy High School
- Italy Independent School District, TX
- 30 reviews
- B+Grandview High School
- Grandview Independent School District, TX
- 111 reviews
Maypearl High School Reviews
Like every school, Maypearl High School has its advantages and disadvantages. Because of the size of the school, Maypearl High School does not provide as many academic opportunities as some bigger school. For example, Maypearl only provides one foreign language class and the range of electives is relatively narrow. However, Maypearl also provides opportunities such as dual credit courses for an astonishingly cheap price. This opportunity has equipped me for college and is allowing me to go into college with over half of my pre-requisites already completed. As well as the academics, my experiences with the environment of the school has been great. I have met some of my best friends and most of the staff members are committed to the students' success.
The school has a lot of sports, so if you are into sports of all kinds this is the school for you. The the Fine Arts is amazing, they provide different types of arts, like photography and graphic design. The teachers are friendly and some you can talk about personal things. They provide Mentors Care, which is for students that need someone to talk to that they can trust.
Small school. Everyone knows everybody. The closeness of my class and other classes can’t be found in larger schools. While they may not be big enough to offer some subjects that bigger schools can, I do not feel deprived. Fellowship and lasting experiences will be with me forever.