Maynard Holbrook Jackson High School Reviews

Maynard is a great school. They prepare you for the real world and a great education! The teachers are great in making sure you have the knowledge of something new every day.
The school has changed tremendously over the past 5 years and will continue to do so for the better. Most of the kids are independent so part involvement is minimal which can be viewed as a plus or a minus.
Maynard Jacskon High School is a very diverse school and everybody for the most part gets along. The teachers do a fantastic job teaching there subjects. Majority of all admins gain a relationship with the students. I have no problem freely talking to any of my teachers with any of my personal problems. My counseler is awesome he makes sure I have the classes and skills I need to be succesful at Maynard Jackson High School. My eleventh grade year I ran for Mr. eleventh grade and the support from the students and teachers was awesome, yes I won and with this being my senior year I am running for Mr.Maynard Jackson.
Start Your Review of Maynard Holbrook Jackson High School
I graduated from MJHS this past May. I enjoyed my overall experience at the school because it was very inclusive of the different interests of its students. There are sports, anime club, chess club, debate club, subsequently there is something for everyone and if a club a student is interested in doesn’t exist they are encouraged to create it!
I liked Maynard Jackson for its Dual Enrollment program as it allowed for me to leave campus and take college courses while still in high school, which I thought was cool. The teachers and counselors were nice and professional.
Maynard Jackson high school is a fun and great school to attend. Very proactive with their students with their work and after school activities! I attended Maynard Jackson high school as a honor student and they have so much to offer from honors classes to IB classes. The school is well maintained and clean. Awesome teachers and the best administrative. Let’s not forget how active the principal of the school is!
Maynard Jackson is a very good school, and it helps all of its students! I like the school atmosphere and how it caters to students. I like the different cultures that surround the school; Maynard is very diverse. There are students from all different kinds of back grounds!
I love Maynard Jackson highschool it taught mean a lot about self-preserving and making new friends. When I first heard about the high school I did want to go because of rumors that I have heard. When I first entered the school I knew that could change the culture so that mayanrd Jackson could be a school that everyone wants to go to make friends and earn a good education. the teachers were amazing they taught me a new thing that I didn't know and also taught me life lesson when going to college. And also the teacher gives us multiple opportunities for us as students to be Succesful. I can believe that my senior year is over. The thing that I would change about the school is more diversity. I wish that they would advertise there school so that more race would go. Because it is not fair that we get judge based on diversity even though the school can't do anything about it.
The teachers are great but the students are quite rough.The school is a very nice school and it is safe and whatever issues arise, faculty and staff as well as law enforcement are there to help and assist the safety in the facility.
Maynard Jackson is a good school but sometimes it feels as though we lack a lot of resources and school spirit in general. We offer AP, IB, and early college routes abd because of this our teachers are often spread thin and teachers are expected to teach classes that they don't necessarily have the qualifications for. Our sports are also rather lacking because any talent that we may happen to posses transfers schools in order to get a better chance of being scouted. I will say though that our track team is pretty good and placed second in state last year.
It's an okay school. I can't say I'm happy or mad to attend. They care about their students to an extent and only seem to award and pay attention to students whom are sub par and act as if they are not at school to learn, but to have fun. And students who actually act "correctly" are pushed to the side. I understand this to some extent, but I also believe that there is only so much you can do for a student. Like a wise person once said "You can bring a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink".
I love our building layout, you could get lost in it. We have a variety of college prep classes and pathways available such as: Early College, AP and IB. I myself happen to be a former Early College AP student. All three boost your grade by 10 points as long as you pass. The only downsides to the school is bad food and having to wear uniform everyday. We have some jean dyas, but you have to pay for it. Why should I have to pay to wear my own clothes?
Maynard Jackson provides many quality options such as IB, AP, and dual enrollment. There are some teachers that will make your experience worthwhile and some that are completely checked out.
I really like Maynard Jackson. When i cam to this school i was a trouble child, but somehow this school as changed me. I participate in dance,jrotc,theatre, and chorus. What i would like for this school to change is that they can give money to the fine arts program. It would help alot.
My time at Maynard Holbroook Jackson High School was truly great experience they provided many great opportunities for me to get experience for my major in college which is computer science , it helped me get a head start we my career and goal I’m trying to achieve. what i would like to see change is The teachers helping the students when they really need it.
Maynard Jackson is a school with a lot of school spirits. Maynard Jackson offers many opportunities for students learning and activities. For example, Maynard Jackson has dual enrollment, IB diploma, AP courses, and Honors.
I went on to Maynard formally known as Southside Comprehensive High in the Magnet Program. I had fond memories of this school and great friends and the teachers went out there way to make sure their students succeed.
Start Your Review of Maynard Holbrook Jackson High School
The administrators and teachers of Maynard Jackson High school provided a safe environment, where students can feel protected and comfortable in the classrooms. I loved that this school taught me how to strive for succcess .
Increase students events and parents involvement. Focus on more workforce ready programs and assist students with summer opportunities
This high school is amazing. They ensure that all students are on the best track to having a successful 4 years , in order to prepare them for college and the future.