Maynard Holbrook Jackson High School is a public school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 1,138 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 26% of students are at least proficient in math and 28% in reading.
Maynard Holbrook Jackson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+255 Students
- A+185 Students
- C+135 Students
- C+120 Students
- A+120 Students
- B+119 Students
- B-115 Students
- C+114 Students
- B-107 Students
- A-93 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Maynard Holbrook Jackson High School Reviews
Maynard Jackson is a very good school, and it helps all of its students! I like the school atmosphere and how it caters to students. I like the different cultures that surround the school; Maynard is very diverse. There are students from all different kinds of back grounds!
Maynard Jackson high school is a fun and great school to attend. Very proactive with their students with their work and after school activities! I attended Maynard Jackson high school as a honor student and they have so much to offer from honors classes to IB classes. The school is well maintained and clean. Awesome teachers and the best administrative. Let’s not forget how active the principal of the school is!
My school is very interactive and cares about its students. The administration would like to see their students succeed in every way possible. Whether it be from academics, to sports, and also just being you. What I would like to see change is the academic programs, I would like to see more students get recommended for AP, and IB courses. Even though some people aren't ready, the sky isn't the limit. Shoot as high as you can go and keep going!